Bill 696

elgato

I just dont know
once again, big up Dan this is sick, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that your article was in fair part responsible for this R4 piece right? i am naive to the inner workings of the media!

mos dan

fact music
once again, big up Dan this is sick, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that your article was in fair part responsible for this R4 piece right? i am naive to the inner workings of the media!

yep they nicked it wholesale basically, they started with grime and then interviewed exactly the same people i did - exactly the same cop and exactly the same 'critical voice' (sharkey). it would have been nice to be asked on myself of course (i would've talked about the actual persecution of black music, rather than stuff to do with licenses), but of course the impt thing is the issue is still out there.

this is actually how radio 4 get most of their stories i believe - they didn't even credit the guardian, let alone me. lol. unimportant.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
oh yeah that. sounded better on r4!

1987... that was an interesting year, very heavy clubbing year for me, it was the end point of pre-acid house / pre-ecstasy uk clubbing (e didn't really get up north til '89).

I wrote to my GLA member about this and just received this reply:

Dear .....
Just a quick update. Our question has been passed from deputy Commissioner Tim Godwin to Commander Bob Broadhurst for response. We expect a response from this office within the next 10 days. Apologies for the length of time this has taken - I'm hopeful of an outcome very soon.
All best
Mary-Clare Connellan

(PA to Jennette Arnold AM
London Assembly Member for North East London)

not holding my breath but at least they are asking questions for me.

Nice to feel like I might have actually helped (in a microscopically tiny way) to change something bad in the world, just byt writing to politician. Gives we a warm democratic glow.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Nice to feel like I might have actually helped (in a microscopically tiny way) to change something bad in the world, just byt writing to politician. Gives we a warm democratic glow.

Co-incidently, my wee was glowing warmly this morning, due to baroca

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
As far as I can see nothing has change at all, well a few words but it's still the same, same reasoning and same people forcing it.

continuum

smugpolice
it's so annoying they single out DJs an MCs but in a way confirms why I prefer them to bands/indie which frankly couldn't be any lamer right now

Magic

Its still a racist form, by concentrating on djs and mcs they've just re asked the question in a different way