Going Taqwacore ...

pajbre

having sat & drank in quite a few ayahuasca ceremonies with medicine men & women from colombia & brazil & mexico, i can easily and categorically say that it is the most intense thing i have ever experienced. you have to be careful with the package tours, there are people doing good work but there are also some charlatans that in engage in all manner of unscrupulous practices. there are networks of itinerant healers throughout the world and a little legwork will probably get you plugged in.

and the music in the ceremonies, my god. so beautiful.

i remember walking through the woods with one of the shamans the morning after once, he was telling me all these incredible stories. i told him that he should write a book, to which he replied, "no, no books. i can barely read, i can barely write. i have a few books. plants are books with all the pages in them." which you can take for what it is worth.

holy mountain is good, kind of bad vibey. sweet don cherry soundtrack though.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've been reading about those cocaine tours you can get in Colombia (I think it is) - kind of like the ayahuasca things but without any pretension of a spiritual aspect, you just go round some factories and try out some fresh out of the factory gak. Kind of like one of those things where you go round a vineyard or a brewery I guess.

"holy mountain is good, kind of bad vibey. sweet don cherry soundtrack though."
I'm just hoping that this lives up to its promise

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Shot

but I'm well prepared to be disappointed.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I've been reading about those cocaine tours you can get in Colombia (I think it is) - kind of like the ayahuasca things but without any pretension of a spiritual aspect, you just go round some factories and try out some fresh out of the factory gak. Kind of like one of those things where you go round a vineyard or a brewery I guess.

I like this idea - you could have a tour around sink estates in Glasgow, sampling the speed, smack and Buckfast.

Do the coke refinery people make you promise you're not working for the CIA or whatever, scout's honour, before they let you in? I guess they maybe assume that no-one like that would be allowed, or want, to sample the product itself.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
holy mountain is good, kind of bad vibey. sweet don cherry soundtrack though.

The music was very bad vibes. But I liked it.

The first twenty minutes I thought--ehhhh. But after the shit-into-gold sequence I got into it. The "planets" part was great.

I read HM as a pretty profoundly anti-drug movie, actually.

It was pretty contemptuous of any seeker of holy mountains, but especially the ones who got stuck at the Pantheon Bar taking drugs (I like the part with the poet and the flies) instead of realizing there is no holy mountain. The part about death was pretty compelling I thought.

Like A Clockwork Orange, it's one of those movies about the psychedelic dystopia we already live in.

nomadthethird

I'm just hoping that this lives up to its promise

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Shot

but I'm well prepared to be disappointed.

You could always go to Miami instead, the hotels are nicer.

Exceptionally pure cocaine will make your lungs numb if you breathe even a little dust.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Nah, I mean I hope that the new Jodorowsky film lives up to its promise.

King Shot is a film by Alejandro Jodorowsky scheduled for release in 2009. The film is co-produced by David Lynch, and the cast includes Nick Nolte, Asia Argento, Mickey Rourke, Marilyn Manson, Udo Kier, and Santiago Segura.
Jodorowsky describes the film, his first since the 1990 film The Rainbow Thief, as a "metaphysical spaghetti western."
I'm not going to virtually the other side of the world just to take cocaine however pure it is.

nomadthethird

I like this idea - you could have a tour around sink estates in Glasgow, sampling the speed, smack and Buckfast.

Do the coke refinery people make you promise you're not working for the CIA or whatever, scout's honour, before they let you in? I guess they maybe assume that no-one like that would be allowed, or want, to sample the product itself.

Coca and cocaine tourism are what entire South American economies are based on. Coca and/or oil.

The U.S. can't really afford to piss most of them off.

nomadthethird

Nah, I mean I hope that the new Jodorowsky film lives up to its promise.

I'm not going to virtually the other side of the world just to take cocaine however pure it is.

Miami is only like an 8 hour flight, isn't it?

Anyway, I didn't mean YOU, I meant anybody. It'd be better in general to go to Miami. Slightly less cartel murder there.

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
or Decatur, GA. Every time i go to a gas station in Decatur at 3-4 AM, i have been offered cocaine. One time a guy flagged me over to his car and asked if i wanted a "white girl". I thought he meant a prostitute. I decline and he reaches in the backseat and says "You sure you don't want this white girl?" and he brings out a ziplock bag full of powder. It felt like it weighed a couple pounds.

Last edited:

nomadthethird

or Decatur, GA. Every time i go to a gas station in Decatur at 3-4 AM, i have been offered cocaine. One time a guy flagged me over to his car and asked if i wanted a "white girl". I thought he meant a prostitute. I decline and he reaches in the backseat and says "You sure you don't want this white girl?" and he brings out a ziplock bag full of powder. It felt like it weighed a couple pounds.

White girls, black girls. In my neighborhood they say, "how much white girls you wanted?" on the phone, like it matters when you're using an untraceable track phone. As if the police would be totally stumped even if they were listening.

That or "tickets"...

petergunn

plywood violin
White girls, black girls. In my neighborhood they say, "how much white girls you wanted?" on the phone, like it matters when you're using an untraceable track phone. As if the police would be totally stumped even if they were listening.

That or "tickets"...

"t-shirts", "dvd's"

white girl or girl for coke is one of those slang things like "gat" where people still use it today, yet it goes back a long way... iceberg slim uses it in Pimp and that book is telling stories from the 40's...

i recently saw a kid in Chelsea trying to sell a 40something European tourist some "white girl" and it was an Abbot and Costello routine for sure...

nomadthethird

"t-shirts", "dvd's"

white girl or girl for coke is one of those slang things like "gat" where people still use it today, yet it goes back a long way... iceberg slim uses it in Pimp and that book is telling stories from the 40's...

i recently saw a kid in Chelsea trying to sell a 40something European tourist some "white girl" and it was an Abbot and Costello routine for sure...

Used to be called "white lady" a long time ago.

swears

preppy-kei
A guy selling weed once asked me if I wanted to buy some "columbo". That cracked me up, never heard that anywhere else.