What are you writing?

swears

preppy-kei
Working on a short story about a closeted teenage boy flamboyantly dancing to his mum's CD of "Love Shack" by The B52s in the family living room while he thinks everybody is out (the happiest moment of his awkward, miserable life, a brief glimse of self-expression and freedom). Then, his older brother comes in with mates (wannabe casuals, pseudo-uber-macho) and beats the shit out of him in shame and perhaps even envy whilst they both cry their eyes out, screaming. I want to try and sum up a particularly modern, English small mindedness boiling over into rage and petty violence.

But my English has gone to pot.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Working on a short story about a closeted teenage boy flamboyantly dancing to his mum's CD of "Love Shack" by The B52s in the family living room while he thinks everybody is out (the happiest moment of his awkward, miserable life, a brief glimse of self-expression and freedom). Then, his older brother comes in with mates (wannabe casuals, pseudo-uber-macho) and beats the shit out of him in shame and perhaps even envy whilst they both cry their eyes out, screaming. I want to try and sum up a particularly modern, English small mindedness boiling over into rage and petty violence.

But my English has gone to pot.

Have you checked out the scripts of the Royle Family? I don't like TV much but I think that thing is just the best thing that's ever, ever been written and made, and the scripts are really interesting to read, inspiration wise or something, cos I'd really like to see it when you're ready.

craner

Beast of Burden
am i right in thinking you currently maintain 75 blogs?

No, that was me, 5 years ago.

I am currently writing a 6000-word Learning Assignment, and it's a polished turd if ever I've written one.

gumdrops

im going to try and do some creative writing. not done any in so long, i feel i should finally take the plunge again.

woops

is not like other people
I've opened a blog, link in my signature.
So far it's all stuff about my music project.
I've got a few ideas for non-music-promo posts as well though.

luka

how do you get that job lichen? i could do that sort of thing really well.... i hope you dont need a degree or any qualifications of any kind

Lichen

You could do it, I'm sure.

Being a copywriter is like being a faith healer or reiki masseur - you nail your sign up and sound plausible.

The only things you need - examples of relevant work and a good contact.

The latter you can hunt down.

The former can be overcome if you're prepared to charm/inveigle the latter into giving you a go.

It's not difficult and a little imagination goes a long way.