What are you writing?

luka

i should look into that.... sounds like a good laugh... youd only need to work a few hours a week presumably.

you

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
Thank you.
I'm looking at your sites....very interesting.
Isolation overload of late...need to establish or tap into a stronger network...

craner

Beast of Burden
Hang on, though, what do you mean? Did you produce a finished piece? Did you put it together as a manuscript? Did you try and flog it to Zero? What do you mean no one liked it? Who even saw it?

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
a scientific literature style write-up of the research I did over the summer, required so I can get the $ from the grant that funded the research, and a grant application for next summer (science, just so man dem know, is about 80% a neverending cycle of grant application writing, roughly akin to an ouroboros)

also, organic chemistry lab reports

you

craner, thats pure speculation that I will not be drawn into. I do know, however, that luka's inbox is full....

luka

yeah everyone said it was shit. you saw a very early version of it and made some dismissive comment or other. my girlfriend just told me how bad my spelling is.

craner

Beast of Burden
Well, at the geriatric age of 32 I have started to write my own novel. It's started off as an unholy mix of Anthony Powell, Kingsley Amis, Jay McInerney, Joseph Heller, Evelyn Waugh and Morecai Richler: A Dance to the Music of Time, Lucky Jim, Brightness Falls, Good as Gold, Vile Bodies and Barney’s Version relocated to Coalition Think Tank land, a kind of neoconservative roman a clef. You lot will probably hate it, but I thought I’d write the book I want to read, and see if it’s any good. It's enormous fun to write at the moment, but it's sure to turn into something entriely different by the time I get to page 200 or draft 3 or whatever.