nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
there's no creationists here after all, as far as i can see.
i was just thinking to myself that evolution is something i accepted as true without really understanding it or examining it and that the same was almost certainly true of many other people. that the evidence, regardless of whehter it exists or not, is just assumed to exist and so we don't have to worry about it. now, perhaps you hav studied evolution in great detail and know it to be true in every particular. well good for you, but thats not really what i was getting at.

Well, this is definitely true, but I think it's part of a much larger symptom where people don't know or search out knowledge about anything anymore. Even though it's all at their fingertips thanks to the internets.

nomadthethird

Isn't the way that the internet can layer narratives quite remarkable?

Yes, it's a hypertext that is fun to contribute to as it expands infinitely in all directions. Especially when it is so cold outside that there is almost literally nowhere to go.

luka

you are being disengenous. dont insult my intelligence. i have a pop at people all the time. theres no reason why you shouldn't admit to having a pop at me.
my feelings aren't hurt by messages on a message board, though sometimes they might spur me into attack mode. i don't see a problem with it. its what happens when people communicate.

luka

in fact its so hot outside theres no where to go. and while i agree these are always the best threads to read and i enjoy particiapting im not sure its good for my highly polished reputation.

nomadthethird

you are being disengenous. dont insult my intelligence. i have a pop at people all the time. theres no reason why you shouldn't admit to having a pop at me.
my feelings aren't hurt by messages on a message board, though sometimes they might spur me into attack mode. i don't see a problem with it. its what happens when people communicate.

But I really wasn't, I was just saying, if it's sooo evil of scientists to want to cure cancer, maybe they should just retreat into their rooms and do the jerk off teenager thing.

I don't know, is that what you do all day? I guess I don't know you well enough. If I hit a sore spot it was by accident. I swear to God.!!!

luka

its around 40 degrees.
what dissensus suffers from is the huge lag in response time. i think these threads are good partly becasue they take place in real time. (though i know the best part is the weird personal vibes and insults and unjustified assumptions and stuff)

luka

you know full well that that is how i like to spend my time. we've discussed this at great length. why are you pretending otherwise? you were telling me how well i masterbate in front of the mirror. though i admit you may just have been being polite.

nomadthethird

you know full well that that is how i like to spend my time. we've discussed this at great length. why are you pretending otherwise? you were telling me how well i masterbate in front of the mirror. though i admit you may just have been being polite.

I do know you like to write, and I do know that I have enjoyed your writing, and that topically it has touched upon teenagerhood and such but I never really had a mental picture of you as a sit around and jerk off while reciting poetry type, but hey!

You learns something new everyday, especially on Dissensus.

nomadthethird

the idea of somebody masturbating in front of a mirror is really quite gruesome

I like to take the most gruesome thing I can think of and then take it a couple of steps further and then say it. Mostly online but also in the real world.

luka

maybe if you held your sheaf of poems in front of your face you might find it more palatable.

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
the whole world is perhaps masturbating in front of a mirror, holding up things in front of their faces.

nomadthethird

I have a friend whose apartment walls were entirely mirrored. Sort of with a Miami Vice/disco vibe to it. It was horrifying, sleeping there was impossible.