Metal Machine Music

zhao

there are no accidents
and on "stratification", sure i do it, so what?

you have never said things like "Phish is for dormatory wannabe hippies"? or "(insert fake metal band here) is for (insert loser demographic here)"?

i don't think it's wrong to make statements like that. especially when it comes to fake blues for the starbucks crowd.

now, if you like him, it doesn't mean i think you're necessarily a clueless yuppie. there can be a great number of factors which make someone like tom waits which do not involve being clueless.

Last edited:

CrowleyHead

So, people from this era strove really hard to emulate black people, to the point of being obviously derivative?

... I had no idea!

The album's fine. Good noise muzak for me when I was 17, I don't feel the need to listen to it again though.

massrock

It's not that exciting. Surprisingly unconfrontational, relaxing really,

The Metal Machine Trio improv stuff he's been doing seems pretty good tho.

Bits and pieces on youtube.

Maybe that was already mentioned on the thread. What happened on this thread?

Leo

not much of an MMM or waits fan. friggin' LOVE pinky & perky, tho. that's a new one on me, thanks much scottdisco.

we should start a separate thread for vids with funny/weird/creepy shit with puppets.

MankyFiver

i love mmm
you can listen to it really quiet and its got that shifting ambient mood, loud and it cleans

though i aint listened to it in years though

10 toes!!!

you're a dream lover
metal machine music's ok to me, taken just as it is.

know it's 10,000 replies ago, but what's with the general dismissing of lou reed's other stuff tho? so far the criticisms seem kinda like posturing, i mean, sure he's popular but who's hit those targets better?

oh, and zhao spurts accidently, then spends post after post trying to gather evidence to support his premature rush.