DJ Premierrrrr!!!!

DavidD

can't be stopped
That makes more sense, the drums weren't very primo-ish and it wasn't quite as tight as his later stuff.

hucks

Your Message Here
Jesus Christ, this makes for uncomfortable reading. Comments underneath suggesting Guru didn't write it but all the same...

gumdrops

as far as premier, krs' outta here is one of his best. i think i liked premier when he didnt have a signature sound, though i like a lot of his more formulaic sounding stuff just for serving up more of the same again and again just cos its harder to come across now. i love mcs act like they dont know but i dont like krs on it. i think i started to get bored of krs' pretentiousness when his flow started to get choppier.

crackerjack

Jesus Christ, this makes for uncomfortable reading. Comments underneath suggesting Guru didn't write it but all the same...

I don't believe for a minute he wrote it - he was supposedly in a coma for months, and even if the story on that has now changed, there were suggestions that Solar was keeping his family away from him.

A friend of mine met the two of them (that's G&S) when they were over last year and the latter sounds like as big an arse as you could hope never to meet. Spent the whole time slagging off Primo.

hucks

Your Message Here
Or football. When you think about it, there are a lot of places where there are a lot of men but aren't any gays at all.

connect_icut

I was kinda upset to hear about Guru's passing but I was really quite upset when I read that letter. It was so bitter and just weird. I guess it's nobody's business what's really going on there but I can't help feeling like Primo's getting a raw deal. Can't honestly believe that a dying man would be so bitter about his "ex DJ".

gumdrops

anyone remember that cl smooth interview about pete rock? (google cl smooth pete rock barbers chair). rappers hate people thinking their appeal/success might have something to do with their producers.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I was kinda upset to hear about Guru's passing but I was really quite upset when I read that letter. It was so bitter and just weird. I guess it's nobody's business what's really going on there but I can't help feeling like Primo's getting a raw deal. Can't honestly believe that a dying man would be so bitter about his "ex DJ".

Some word is going round right now that the authorship of that letter is a bit dubious.

connect_icut

From what I hear, people seem pretty certain that Solar wrote the letter. I'm not sure Guru ever really came out of the coma he lapsed into after his heart attack.

The letter makes it sound like only Guru, Primo and Solar new the reason behind the Gang Starr split but - too be honest - this is all starting to feel a little icky. Let's agree to say fuck it to the gossip and just try to remember how great the music Guru and Primo made together was/is.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

One of my favourite Premier beats/Guru verses (and hooks).

My favourite Premier production was probably around that 'Moment of Truth' era.

an oldie but goodie

Sauce Money kills it.