London pubs

luka

good colours, good lighting, hops hanging from the ceiling

luka

Rochester_3273923b.jpg

woops

is not like other people
way better drinks. its more a classic pub interior and clinentele. they put the racing on. pool table. loads of middle class drinkers too and students. pretty mixed crowd. like the hope and anchor (i think its called? which was my dads favourite pub) on the canal in clapton in that respect, but without the huge cloud of skunk smoke and the pitbulls.
it's actually the anchor and hope

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
we took @mvuent to the stockton in deptford which is a bar with good cocktails. same people own the watergate, which is a nicer space, and the one under the railway arch. i dont like drinking in railway arches. all really good cocktails though, and natural wine if you like that.
what did mvuent think of it? is it what inspired him to start the backrooms thread?

wektor

the dog and bell nearby is one of the most beautiful pubs in london. its @wektor favourite in the whole of europe. bit crowded at times but lovely for day drinking. the trafalgar is the only one with a decent range of scotch and rum though. theres a davys wine lodge that is quite funny, they have ardbeg usually.
This is counterfactual, my favourites are: Royal George – very, very cheap and usually rather quiet, the garden is a bit claustrophobic but it works, Big Johns Biltong Bar – fairly priced as well, good vibes, packed, plus they stock Polish flavoured vodkas which I happened to demonstrate to @luka and @woops during one beautiful afternoon.

wektor

I don't get Dog and Bell, it's too busy, feels like being in a high street club if you know what I mean and the crowd there doesn't really work for me

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I don't get Dog and Bell, it's too busy, feels like being in a high street club if you know what I mean and the crowd there doesn't really work for me
What are pubs like in Poland?

Genuine question there, I've never been.