Proto-Minimal Techno

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
yeah ok ok. i hear what youre saying. but you see i've got a post colonial axe to grind, and the retarded eurocentrism which i perceive is not imagined. perhaps a bit less on this board than other places... but yes, thanks for teh comment, i will indeed try to be less "abrasive" about it in the future. and yes bringing up Ancient Minimalism in a proto techno thread was a bit far fetched... i should have just started another one. but christ on a waterbed i just like to stretch the topic to places that no one else would go sometimes.

no that's pretty fair - I mean as I said I think most ppl on Dissensus *generally* agree with you - I just think you're actually hurting your own cause sometimes. & of course there's some eurocentric BS but really don't you think this is the kind of place where most ppl are pretty well aware of this stuff. also I can't really imagine a more eclectic music forum than Dissensus tbh...well I guess maybe DJ/rupture's blog or something...anyway...

I think a thread specifically about the connections between -Ancient Minimalism- & modern electronic music would be fantastic, you should definitely start one when you get the chance.

what i really want to do though is make an answer to this Schwarz mix... one that takes an even bigger, much bigger, view of minimalism through not only the 20th century, but thousands of years.

that also sounds great - one of those things tho where it's such a broad topic it seems hard to draw together maybe - tho hey. & no I haven't heard the Schwarz mix, I guess PM me if you like.