well, do you?

• Total voters

MrFence

Oh the humanity.
I just know Dissensus will be 80/20 in favour of cats.

Bunch of old women...

You could replace *Dissensus* in that statement with, *Internet* and it would still be valid.

I read (skimmed) a study once about how people who are brought up with dogs in the household are generally more tactile and empathic adults than those who aren't. Not that one should draw parallels between this idea and the preponderance of cat love on teh internets.

MrFence

Oh the humanity.
not with me man i think they must just not like you

cats have independence and grace, dogs are stupid and naive or brutish and narrow-minded

That is a load of King Rolo. Dogs are social animals, it's silly to suggest that they're stupid when they're able to integrate into and in some sense understand human family relationships, and that those relationships are demonstrably important to them.

I once knew a cat who was terrified of rugs, which is a tad odd, though saying that one of my work mates is unable to touch buttons without feeling incredibly nauseated.

luka

i hate dogs.
How and why humans first began to domesticate wolves 'into' dogs.

i like foxes. the best bit in grizzlyman is where you see how easily he befirends the wee foxlet. its a magic scene. and it indicates just how easy it was to domesticate dogs. its a win win situation. no effort involved.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Foxes are cool, I love to see them padding nonchalantly around London like they own the place. Total different from foxes in the countryside, which you're more likely to smell than see.

polystyle

to 'smell' a fox ? what kind is that ?

I liked that part of Grizz' man too Luca -a little fox sitting on top of his tent !

MrFence

Oh the humanity.
Two foxes were fucking right outside my bedroom window the night before last. Possibly the loudest and most horrible noise heard in Peckham since the bad at the Irish festival a couple of months ago/the two cats upstairs fighting/fucking other local cats.

They are pretty cool though, and even though they're wild they don't shit all over my plant pots and patio like cats from upstairs do. A fox stole one of my girlfriends shoes literally the night before this shocking story broke.

sufi

lala
obviously they are well organised with a proper conspiracy,
sitting about all day in basements and holes just waiting for their moment,
one day little cub all of this will be ours

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
to 'smell' a fox ? what kind is that ?

It's a scent thing foxes do, a very distinc(k)tive musky smell. I haven't smelt it in years but I'd know it in a second if I were to smell it again. I've never noticed it in the city - maybe they don't do it here to avoid hassle from dogs?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Funny that this thread is in 'nature' just because it's about living creatures. It'd make more sense in 'technology' if you think about it.

mms

sometimes
totally changed my stance on cats after my girlfriend persuaded me to agree to some, now i have two very cool little black cats, and they're great, burmese very like dogs, very fun.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I like both.

But I would have a big dog, if one were to meet me and want to live with me, because they make me feel safe.

I don't think I could make the decision to 'own' a pet though, it would have to be some random thing.

zhao

there are no accidents
Dogs have furtthered civilsation. Cats lay about in it.

according to such banal utilitarian standards, the construction worker would also be "superior" to the artist.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Thing is, you actually need to know stuff to be a construction worker. You don't get "construction workers" living off eternal parental stipends in flats in Shoreditch.

But on the cats/dogs issue, clearly weretigers own everything.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
according to such banal utilitarian standards, the construction worker would also be "superior" to the artist.

Are you trying to imply that artists are superior to construction workers?

I wouldn't have a dog or cat, after seeing a bunch of cultures another lab took of cats' and dogs' saliva.