Minimal Food.

Kate Mossad

Is there such a thing as a meal that you could eat everyday for a year without falling prone to any deficiencies in your diet? I heard that Viet Cong fighters would survive for extended periods on nothing more than rice and some sort of fish sauce. I've also heard you could eat beans on brown toast all your life and be fine but this sounds like 'pub wisdom' to me. Any thoughts?

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
"ensure" ? basically nutrients in a frothy drink they give to people on liquid diets in the hospital

otherwise... baby formula?

why would you want to do this?!

nochexxx

harco pronting
i think avocado's cover many areas of nutrition, including having an unusally high fibre content for a fruit. i've always believed they are nutrionally complete, but i'm not entirely sure you could survive on them alone.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Ramen w/tofu and spinach along with the usual stuff seems to me to be a pretty complete (and cheap) meal. Excellent hangover cure too.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Plantain fried in butter at 2.30 a.m. went down a storm at a party last night - there was plain original flavour and a spicy option with Tabasco and a little salt. Nyom.

Edit: this could just as easily have gone in Cooking Tips or Drunk Food.

Last edited: