The Rinse FM Album - anyone heard more about this?

luka

Newham Generals-footsie=a bit shit, can't help seeing d.e.e as a deja boy.
Ruff Squad-deja boys from ages back
Plasticman-not my cup of tea
Geeneus-shows boring, made some great beats though
Bossman-more deja
Wonder-never heard this show
Slimzee-used to like him, been boring for ages now though
Rossi B & Luca-they're alright i spoe
Youngsta-nah
Kode 9-not really my scene
Search & Destroy-who are they

that leaves rolldeep!

Ach!

Turd on the Run
In recent terms...

From about August 2003 - August 2004 there were pratically no 'crew' shows on Deja. Roll Deep weren't on there in that period, so I'm guessing it was just OT and Black Ops.

In that same time period Deja Vu (plus the move to Raw Blaze for a couple of months in the summer of 2004) had: East Co, Ruff Sqwad, Meridian, Essentials, Tu Tuff, N.A.S.T.Y, Remand Crew, Knights of the Round Table, DJ Mackie etc. Raw Blaze itself had countless people including Venom Crew, S.L.K, Total Package etc...

I love Rinse now, but I think Luka's talking about it strictly from the crews sense. As far as dubstep etc goes, Rinse is the only thing. Before the summer 2003 all the stations were to different extents very important, especially Heat, Freeze and Raw Mission. I just wish RawUK had the same lineup as when it was Raw Blaze, although that's severely nit-picking.

gumdrops

review of this by geeneus (whos grand theft audio beat is just amazing) in the new notion magazine, its a 6cd pack, with cds of rinse shows, mixes, and that sort of thing it seems. looks good.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
gumdrops said:
review of this by geeneus (whos grand theft audio beat is just amazing) in the new notion magazine, its a 6cd pack, with cds of rinse shows, mixes, and that sort of thing it seems. looks good.
Where could I get that?

Blackdown

nexKeysound
there's different Rinse LPs in the pipeline, i asked management about this last week. there's a mix collection which i think Logan, Plasticman and others have done.

and there will be an artist album proper later this year, with original productions from the producers and MCs on the station. can you imagine how biggle that could be?

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
hmm... been trying to check the rinse fm stream... seems strange but somehow that their stream is horribly marred by interference and static.. i guess the stream computer is off site as well?

Blackdown

nexKeysound
mms said:
first 500 come with a dvd - it looks proper - good to see them doing it for themselves

i think it's done by the people who did Risky Roads ... or was it Practice Hours? anyway that was an in-house Rhythm Division job and Rinse/Rhythm Division/Static are all very tightly bound.

gumdrops

well its not out this week according to rhythm division, they said to try next week. i think im looking forward to this more than any other grime release all year!

boomnoise

♫
bargain

not too sure what they have been telling you gumdrops - picked up my copy from Rhythm Division today. 6 cds and a DVD = 16.99 = value for money!!!!

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Does anyone know if it's available at Blackmarket or the other grime-friendly shop in Soho (forget the name)? Cheers