The Rinse FM Album - anyone heard more about this?

gumdrops

boomnoise said:
not too sure what they have been telling you gumdrops - picked up my copy from Rhythm Division today. 6 cds and a DVD = 16.99 = value for money!!!!

bastards! the kid who answered the phone said i should try next week.

boomnoise

♫
these are all fresh new mixtapes. supposed to reflect the rinse roster but no static. uptown don't have any yet, neither do blackmarket. i work in wc1 but had to head out east to get this. gary at staticmedia said that would be best.

beginning to plough through them now. i'm not too sure if there is a certain lack of energy about them that you get with rinse live. i guess that has a lot to do with your comment re: compression / listening, the other day paul.

mms

sometimes
should have some in stock here www.warpmart.com end of the week, unbelivably it's 6 cds and a dvd for under £20 - really good value and some amazing sets.

also the ghostbox stuff that kpunk blogged about recently - it's incredible ona different tip.

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
baboon2004 said:
Does anyone know if it's available at Blackmarket or the other grime-friendly shop in Soho (forget the name)? Cheers

Uptownrecords, D'arblay road/street (im not sure) of Wardour street. Yes I got it from there. Ruff Sqwads is much better than roll deeps, roll deep is kind of cruising through theirs.
Plus Scorcher is guest on Ruff Sqwads and he comes with strong flows.

gumdrops

after listening to this a few times, the roll deep session is good but seems a bit dissapointing (by their standards), they dont seem as on fire as you might hope, ruff sqwad are great and sound really animated, riko absolutely slaughters his set and slimzee still has some of the best taste of any DJ i reckon (gods gift seems to fade into the background though for some reason), plasticman's set is fantastic but loses momentum after the mike jones segment, the logan sama set is alright but not a patch on his RWD mixtape. i havent heard the jiggy b CD yet.

gumdrops

boomnoise said:
i'm not too sure if there is a certain lack of energy about them that you get with rinse live. i guess that has a lot to do with your comment re: compression / listening, the other day paul.

i would agree that there is a certain lack of energy at times but i dont think thats necessarily to do with compression, i think its more to do with the way pirate sets are performed and the 'live' aspect of them where anything can happen and theres a certain audience involvement aspect (texts from people letting you know theyre out there and listening etc). the reason i say this is cos i can listen to old sidewinder sets which arent compressed (and are often strangely devoid of that much crowd noise, at least the ones i have are) but the energy there is still pretty much intact.

ryan17

aight

been listening to this so much.

god i love it.

what is that song that drops at like 2.40ish on slimzee's mix?

DJL

i'm joking
This CD pack is awesome. That new Skepta tune which is strangely called 'Booth' on the Ruff Sqwad mix and 'Duppy' on the Roll Deep mix is ridiculous. The Slimzee mix has some bad man tunes on it. 'Henry Cat' is def one of my favourites. Bogeyman needs to release 'Smelly'!!!

S

simon silverdollar

boomnoise said:
starfox - henry's cat

such a big tune. there's another similar sounding track on there by geeneus/wizzbit i think? similarly riffy and heavy and kind of belgium-y...