Rolling (though slowly, I'd imagine) Gaming Thread

goalpost

More games on dissensus

There was this interesting article i was reading about that does a little twist on the gaming culture http://bit.ly/dpqVeT As It is perceived as male centred and chavanistic, this game is sort of a feminist piece. Picture the scene: You’re making your way home from a stressful day at work and a nearby chancer hollers a lewd remark to the effect of “I like your bounce, baby”. What’s an appropriate response? Hang your head and shuffle away in embarrassment? Launch into a rant about your right to a harassment-free journey home? Splatter the Casanova’s brains across the pavement with a 3' long .80 caliber machine gun?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There was this interesting article i was reading about that does a little twist on the gaming culture http://bit.ly/dpqVeT As It is perceived as male centred and chavanistic, this game is sort of a feminist piece. Picture the scene: You’re making your way home from a stressful day at work and a nearby chancer hollers a lewd remark to the effect of “I like your bounce, baby”. What’s an appropriate response? Hang your head and shuffle away in embarrassment? Launch into a rant about your right to a harassment-free journey home? Splatter the Casanova’s brains across the pavement with a 3' long .80 caliber machine gun?

Haha, someone PLEASE write a mod for that^ involving kids on buses/trains playing music out loud on their phones. Or people standing on the left hand side of an escalator on the tube. Although the original premise is pretty cool in itself. Oh my, the possibilities are endless... :cool:

Edit: oi oi, I spy a first post! Welcome aboard.

Last edited:

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Went out in the rain at lunch to get new Modern Warfare :eek:

Just want to go home now and shoot shit.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
^ Loving this game. Spawns are broken, but overall much more fun than MW2, though obviously less polished and slick.

Grenades are deadly:
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

outraygeous

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is my jam right now.

The Autolog feature is really cool. Not only do you have to battle against the computer you can battle your friends lists times. Makes the replay value very high.

So engrossed in the offline mode so far havent even really jumped into the online game portion

If your on BROKENHOMES is the gamertag

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is my jam right now.

The Autolog feature is really cool. Not only do you have to battle against the computer you can battle your friends lists times. Makes the replay value very high.

So engrossed in the offline mode so far havent even really jumped into the online game portion

If your on BROKENHOMES is the gamertag

I picked this up for 28 quid the other day but haven't played it yet. Add me on Live, my gamertag is GIRFUY. Is On The Buttons (on Live) from here? If so then some FIFA matches are a must.

hint

party record with a siren
Yeah - On The Buttons is me.

Feel free to invite me into a Fifa game anytime. I usually end up playing 8 yr olds who either beat me 4-0 or quit as soon as they go more than 2 goals down.

BareBones

wheezy
played on a kinect for the first time this weekend. it's mental! sadly only got to play on kinect adventures, which is boring as hell, but even just going through menus and stuff by waving your hands around is well exciting for the first time. struggling to think of a game they could make that i'd really love though, over sitting down with a control pad i mean. the novelty of jumping up and down and waving your limbs around in front of the telly does wear off pretty quickly. and the main downside seems to be that you need an awful lot of space (you need to be 8-10 feet away ideally). had to move all our sofas around and stuff for it to work properly, which was a pain.

Karl Kraft

Absolutely period perfect, from the dithered shading to the parallax scrolling.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Couple of others in the same series too.

Karl Kraft

This is very beautifuly done, Kirby's Epic Yarn on the Wii:
kirbys-epic-yarn-tokyo-game-show-2010-screenshot-wii%20(570%20x%20327).jpg

Kirbys%20Epic%20Yarn%20104_06--article_image.jpg

luka

cadillacs and dinosaurs
streets of rage
final fury
pit fighter
streetfighter 2
gta 3 and san andreas
teenage mutant ninja turtles
shinobi
legend of kage
altered beast
road rash
outrun
daytona
sensible soccer
alex kidd
california games
track and field
mortal kombat
double dragon
operation wolf
castlevania
trojan
goldenaxe
marvel vs capcom
bomberman
frogger
centipede
x-men
zelda
pro-evo
doom
mario kart
final fight
mike tysons punchout
nba jam
ghouls and ghosts
smash tv
ridge racer
house of the dead

Benny Bunter

^ looks like you started/stopped playing computer games pretty much the same times i did. I would have added Speedball 2 to that list though.

Sensible soccer is definitely the best footie game ever, bollocks to all this realistic FIFA type shit.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I've played about 6-7 hours of Red Dead Redemption now. Can someone explain what the fuss is all about? It is one of the most boring games I've probably ever played.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
I've played about 6-7 hours of Red Dead Redemption now. Can someone explain what the fuss is all about? It is one of the most boring games I've probably ever played.

I played a bit more than that before getting sucked in to other stuff. The world looks nice, but basically it is GTA in the wild west, which is starting to feel a little bit clunky nowadays.

I did however, quite like the fact it could be boring if you wanted it to be