slowtrain

haircutfrejab.jpg

:D

Freja-Beha-Erichsen-par-Mikael-Jansson-pour-Vogue-Paris-Septembre-2010-6.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That second pic is certainly pretty cool and well-shot, but all these girls just remind me of Giacometti scuptures...

Last edited:

slowtrain

Well maybe it is just me and gay fashion designers.

I also have the frame of a swallow too so maybe its me being attractive to people like me or something.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Girl of 18- or 20-odd working the checkout in a supermarket here last night...considerably more beautiful than most of the women pictured in this thread. Long, glossy, dark brown hair, pale skin, big dark eyes; enough makeup to enhance what she's got without looking at all tarty. Fancy photo techniques can make people look more attractive than they are but at the same time there's nothing quite like seeing real beauty in the flesh. Makes you wonder what it's like to meet someone like (say) Angelina Jolie in real life. (Or Ange a few years ago, before she started looking like a stick insect with a pout... :eek:).

Leo

mentioned upthread, thought i'd dump this here...hmm:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/08/a...ballroom-review.html?scp=1&sq=lana del&st=cse

Finally Taking the Stage, Direct From the Internet
By JON CARAMANICA

Lana Del Rey is a singer of songs that are very popular on the Internet. Stop. Rewind. That’s not quite it. Let’s try again.

Lana Del Rey is a person who makes music that is much discussed online. O.K., that’s closer, but still not there. A music-making thing? Nah. One more time.

Lana Del Rey is a tabula rasa, a punching bag, a reflection of our collective nightmares about American cynicism and disingenuousness. Sure, that’ll do.

Really Ms. Del Rey is a singer, sometimes a very good one, who wouldn’t deserve the degree of scrutiny she’s been subjected to online, even if she were far worse, or far better. In her current incarnation, she’s released exactly three songs, which all would sound fine in a Tarantino film or in an Urban Outfitters or in the lobby of the Ace Hotel. (She is releasing an album next month.)

That she in fact performed at all on Monday night at the Bowery Ballroom, in her first proper New York show, qualifies as a victory of sorts. (There was also a short, unadvertised set at the Glasslands Gallery in Williamsburg in September.) The Internet has not yet killed Ms. Del Rey.

But oh, is it trying, with a combination of skepticism about her motives and skepticism about her appearance and skepticism about her identity. Last year, under her given name, Lizzy Grant, she released a benign album of misty, semi-baroque singer-songwriter pop. But everything about Ms. Del Rey’s current phase is carefully plotted: it’s woozy and sometimes soporific soundtrack soul, glued firmly in the mid-1960s, with debts to Nancy Sinatra and Dusty Springfield.

At this show she came onstage to the nervous strings of the “Psycho” theme, and she was backed by dusty old footage displayed on three large white balloons, including several clips of President John F. Kennedy. Like her video for “Video Games,” the song that placed her in the line of fire this summer, it looked like the montage clip at your uncle’s retirement party.

Still, Ms. Del Rey can’t help feeling like another in an endless stream of sonic rediscoveries and repurposings facilitated by Internet access and distribution: Lana Del Rey is baile funk! is chopped and screwed! is doom metal!

Ms. Del Rey also follows the example of Amy Winehouse, another singer who took vintage styles and packed them with modern lyrical moments: She likes to curse, but only in contrast to her otherwise smooth demeanor and presentation. She wore a demure white dress here, with mustard collar and rosette-studded belt, and her hair was sprayed into a hard shell.

Backed by a band that too often mistook lethargy for melancholy, she proved herself to be far more active as an Internet meme than as a human being onstage. It felt like a rehearsal. Maybe it was.

“I have no time to practice, so I’m practicing with you,” she said. It wasn’t an apology.

And what a relief that was. Ms. Del Rey has a bad, maybe even terrible, attitude underneath the pristine exterior, and it’s trying to claw its way out.

At her best moments, she gave glimmers of being a Fiona Apple manquée — the voice, yes, was almost there, but the orneriness, the potential for rupture, is very much there already. She was chafing against the amber she’s trapped in.

After one song she said, “I’m not gonna lie — I’m not feeling that song lately.” After another, one that has not yet been the subject of Talmudic dissection on the Internet, she snipped: “I know you don’t care. You’re gonna” — really, except choosing a more emphatic word — “like it when it’s on the record.”

Clearly, she wants to be something different, but for now she’ll take just being something.

“I’m not doing an encore,” she said, “so don’t think I’m coming back.” And she didn’t.

Leo

Holy jesus, I am completely besotted with Jessica Brown Findlay at the moment.

ha...was wondering how long it would take before the "downton" babes made an appearance here. love her husky voice too. didn't even recognize her in these photos, so different from her character.

so what, no lady mary fans?

Last edited:

Local Authority

bitch city
Yeah, so am I weird for finding them incredibly attractive while I would be absolutely bored to death by scarlett johanssons of the world?

Me and my girlfriend have been talking about what men and women find attractive recently. Apparently I have poor (fine) taste in women and she finds every girl she see's attractive on some level.

She finds the aesthetic quality of a face appealing, what shape someones eye's are or how well proportioned their nose is comparative to the rest of their face.

Whereas I find whatever looks somewhat foreign, delicate or feminine attractive.

I think woman have a more acute eye for beauty, taking in the whole picture and drawing conclusions from that. Whereas guys find beauty in females based on their tastes and what they would preferably fuck (what's good for the gene pool).

you

I am totally in love with her right now, she is my little Siren, my Ariel calling me.... I even got some bloke from 4ad to send me all her press cuttings.....