Iraq - Still, In Fact, Going On

trza

I saw some cable news story about teenage girls running away from America to join Isis. Are there some females on the front lines of ISIS?

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
I saw some cable news story about teenage girls running away from America to join Isis. Are there some females on the front lines of ISIS?

Think they mainly go over to be wives and bear children for ISIS fighters. The report I heard said they're promised houses.

So they've tapped into something that goes right to the heart of English sensibilities. Not sure if a fixed rate mortgage and a reliable, family-sized car are part of the package.

trza

I watched few seconds of the trashy cnn/fox news story about teenage girls running away from Denver to join Isis. My first thought was "girls like guys who have confidence....", one of those things some teenage girls find a attractive is a guy who is really confident and sure of himself.

Then I started to wonder if the whole ISIS/sexism thing is more of a media creation to try to make westerners feel better about themselves and hate isis more. War has a way of turning sex rules upside down and doing crazy stuff to the sexual status quo. the womens rights movement, women leaving the house to work in factories, other stuff was hastened by the labor shortage during wars.

Its like if you are in a civil war and guys are dying all over the place, it makes the women do all the hard work and stuff to keep society going. There might be some hidden matriarchal power structure behind all the propaganda videos and stories of forced marriages.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
More like the Technocratic State of Iraq and Syria, they are building hospitals, running bread bakeries, fixing bus schedules, opening schools (boys only for now), and their credit rating might be better than Argentina at this point.

Then I started to wonder if the whole ISIS/sexism thing is more of a media creation to try to make westerners feel better about themselves and hate isis more. War has a way of turning sex rules upside down and doing crazy stuff to the sexual status quo. the womens rights movement, women leaving the house to work in factories, other stuff was hastened by the labor shortage during wars.

Its like if you are in a civil war and guys are dying all over the place, it makes the women do all the hard work and stuff to keep society going. There might be some hidden matriarchal power structure behind all the propaganda videos and stories of forced marriages.

Seriously mate, what the fuck kind of trip are you on?

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
Then I started to wonder if the whole ISIS/sexism thing is more of a media creation to try to make westerners feel better about themselves and hate isis more.

Yeah I didnt think those ISIS blokes were so bad until I found out they were taking our bloody women!

trza

Has there ever been a bigger "political loser" than this Iran nukes deal? The domestic politics are just a total stinker, there is just no incentive for any politician in America to say they support the thing.

craner

Beast of Burden
The major US source for the account that follows is a retired senior intelligence official who was knowledgeable about the initial intelligence about bin Laden’s presence in Abbottabad.

*sigh*

trza

Looks like Pakistan is taking the article seriously, and maybe some people are piling on a couple retired generals who are in prison and can't get back at people.

Meanwhile Jeb Bush is "mishearing" interview questions about the Iraq war, and totally stumbling through every response. Its like Sideshow Bob stepping on one rake after another, he just can't talk about Iraq without looking absurd. Its one thing to have your brother speak at private fundraisers and woo big money donors, but defending his decisions in public is turning out tragically for Jeb.

droid

Lets see...

Under the guise of fighting IS, the Turks are bombing the Kurds and attacking them politically within Turkey, potentially starting another war. The Kurds are of course the most effective anti-IS force on the ground

France, the US, Australia and the UK are bombing IS in Syria & Iraq whilst also providing support and training to other non-IS rebel groups.

The Arab league, Qatar and the Saudis are arming various rebel groups and threatening direct intervention.

The Russians are now using the refugee crisis as an excuse to bomb the main threats to Assad from non-IS rebel groups, including CIA trained groups and supported by various East Europeans and the Chinese.

Iran & Hezbollah are offering technical and independent military support of Assad.

Neighbouring countries, including Jordan, Israel and Lebanon are all involved either directly or covertly.

Every other bunch of scumbags in the planet including Croatia and North Korea are either shipping arms to, or supporting one faction or another.

Practically all of these interventions are illegal under IL, except possibly, the Russians and their allies.

Presumably the 'plan' now is to wipe out opposition to Assad one way or another and allow him to step down with some kind of puppet government set up to manage a 'transition' to democracy and then deal with IS.

Undoubtedly the prospects of a descent into a regional and then global conflagration are far more realistic. This makes Lebanon look like a tea party.

Last edited:

trza

I like to simplify things so I will just blame it all on the political movement that is not part of my identity.