Hip Hop 09?

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
that max b's pretty good, reminds me of a more gangsta/damaged Sa Ra with the vocals, what are the good mixtapes to look for of his?

crackerjack

what are people seeing in Max B? sounds to me like Fiddy with weaker beats and a more nimble flow

It's got a kind of woozy appeal, but sounds thin and undernourished. what am i missing?

evanbbb

Tumbling Dice
Hyphy's not dead, at leats not in the bay area...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Best thing I've heard in ages.

urbanite

subnoto
Hyphy's not dead, at leats not in the bay area...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

ace stuff... a few more hyphy suggestions?

drilla

I haven't seen that Kid Cudi - Day N Nite track talked about on here... sure it's been floating around since... late 07 but the album's not out till later 09 so why not...
I like the original version very much, lyrically and beatwise... the internet tells me this "crookers" remix is much bigger in europe. Heard it, didn't like it, features ugly wobble.
The original is the thing though. And supposedly samples Benga? Similar but I don't quite hear where it's a direct sample... anyone?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Like the beat on that hyphy thing but I can't take that bloke's voice seriously at all it jars my eardrums horribly

hint

party record with a siren
The original is the thing though. And supposedly samples Benga? Similar but I don't quite hear where it's a direct sample... anyone?

I think the story goes that the beat was heavily influenced by "Night", without directly sampling it, so Benga got a namecheck out of respect.

petergunn

plywood violin
ace stuff... a few more hyphy suggestions?

newish keak da sneak w/ E-40 and others.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
i really like the vocals in hyphy, mac dre and keek da sneek, to be honest thats what makes it sound different to other forms of hip hop. sometimes it does get a little close to eminem-style kookiness though.

quite liking this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mainly the backing track made up of really striiped back hushed and whistling sounds, anyone know of any other hip hop like this, of the "drop it like its hot" variety, the production getting more and more ambient with little tinny snares and pops coming through...

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Did you check the new Christina Milian posted a bit up thread? It's pretty damn minimal.

On the Hyphy tip I gave it some research time a few months ago, after similar things beat-wise, didn't turn up much as good as That Go though. Traxamillion is consistently great, but I'm sans my mp3 collection right now and I'm struggling to remember many specific tracks.

This is a nice little Sahko-inspired number:

Diss04

threads get mangled
who knows about Suga Free

swear down one of the most original artists I have ever heard. couldn't even attempt to copy that flow...

evanbbb

Tumbling Dice
What do you guys think of keek da sneek? Is he a good rapper? Good lyrics? His voice is unlike any rapper I can think of. Rap is just a reconfiguration of the beat but he reconfigures the timbre. Its his voice that makes him dope. Not much of a lyricist.

petergunn

plywood violin
the beat for this is sorta killing me...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
D

This is a nice little Sahko-inspired number:

There is a Starkey remix of that song that is pretty sick as well.

I have been feeling this lately: The Jacka - Glamorous Lifestyle produced by traxamillion with andre nickatina

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>