Ramadanman / Pearson Sound

JWoulf

he released a whole "cd", or a zip if you will, of free tunes a year or two back which was quite good. Lost it when i accidentally formated the wrong harddrive, anyone who know how to get hold of it now?

wise

bare BARE BONES
Also this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That's a pretty basic rhythm pattern though isn't it? bound to turn up in more than one track

tom lea

glut + tempest + don't change for me + grab somebody + fall short + work them + that 12 with midland + night air remix + the new hessle, blanked/blue eyes = artist of the year for me. amazing run. crazy that ppl were calling him too rigid here when you consider how simultanously playful and crushing some of those tunes are, his breakdowns are on another level now.

next fact night is him b2b joy orbison for 2 hours with support from lhf and fantastic mr fox. December 3, xoyo.

DoubleG

he released a whole "cd", or a zip if you will, of free tunes a year or two back which was quite good. Lost it when i accidentally formated the wrong harddrive, anyone who know how to get hold of it now?

Not sure if I have the same tracks you speak of. I can up the few I do if anyone is interested.

tracks: Manilla, Penn Hill, Silent Winners, Theres hope yet and Royale Sound (ramadanman refix)

FairiesWearBoots

Saw him play on Friday at Fabric, dropped some great tracks, Hessle room was criminally quiet but was nice vibe, actually also quite liked Icicles 140 stuff, cold but def funky.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I went along to that as well, but only got there half way through icicle. Bit gutted I missed Ramadanman but Ben and Pangaea were great as always.
Edit: Oh and Icicle seemed quite good, but I went to see Todd instead. Which was glorious, as you'd expect.

Last edited:

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
room 3 at fabric has terrible sound tho doesn't it? you can pretty much hear both other soundsystems..

unknown soulja

Wild Horses
Not sure if I have the same tracks you speak of. I can up the few I do if anyone is interested.

tracks: Manilla, Penn Hill, Silent Winners, Theres hope yet and Royale Sound (ramadanman refix)

Yeah please could you up this mate, must have totally missed this.

FairiesWearBoots

The sound is OK if you are right at the back of room 3 but you can def hear both as you go in.
I flitted between Hessle & the garage room, Oneman was hype "Andy C" style mixing - super quick. Also enjoyed EZ - bass was heavyweight & Todd was amazing (caught latter half of his set). I thought there would more garage heads out for EZ & TE but seemed like most were newer/younger ravers?

gumdrops

i like ramadanman but do kinda think tracks like work them and fall short are a bit idk, proggy??. some great blocks in there that i think are pretty fantastic but they never quite build up to anything. loads of nice build ups and typically for dubstep, subtle (could do with a few more dramatic ones imo) changes but they seem to dilute moments that could otherwise be seriously destroying. strictly IMO obv. i just want to like them more than i really do cos i like the sounds he uses. total factmag/bass music virtuoso obv, just not one i really 'feel'.

Last edited:

michael

Bring out the vacuum
i just want to like them more than i really do cos i like the sounds he uses. total factmag/bass music virtuoso obv, just not one i really 'feel'.

Same. I actually really like Work Them, but it's about the only one of his tracks I've really got.

franz

a propos of nothing. i love that usher song. one of my longest standing somewhat guilty pleasures.
a nice sample (in Blue Eyes). feels like it has to function as a builder 'cos it doesn't really pay out... but tugs at my Usher gestalt sensors a great deal.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Just uped this, lost bits.
Need to download all the Ruffage sessions I again from scratch. : /
Trying to track down Pearson Sound - X as well.