Commercialy released mixes with huge clangers

wise

bare BARE BONES
^^^^^^^
I think in the sense that it was not recorded live but constructed from takes.
It's a pretty involved yet immaculate mix though I guess if it was 4 of them (Coldut & PC & Strictly Kev) it could have been done live.
Amazing cd however it was made, I used to play that so much.
Junior Reid over The Truper dropping into Newcleus, class!
The last 2 tracks after Dr Who theme used to make my spine tingle every time.

Sorry getting a bit off topic :rolleyes:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Most DJs mix in key (consciously or unconsciously), because if you don't your mixes pretty much sounds like shit.

We don't, we just bury all transitions in vcv rack modular noise, breaks the compliant constraints of tonality. But yeah it's true that the first master take is mixed with relatively compatible tunes, then we decide to abuse it to make it sound less good.

woops

is not like other people
he's just explaining why his mixes are the best and the worst and the most futuristic and the most primitive prole-noise and the most theoretical but also the most non-intelligent all at once, they're good though couldn't listen to them all the time

catalog

I know this is rare nowadays with ableton / traktor sync buttons etc, but back in the 90's some of my favourite mix CD's were riddled with dubious moments (outweighed by the more choice moments of course.)

I was listening to Jeff Mills Live At The Liquid Room Tokyo for the first time in ages today and totally forgot about the bit where he wantonly clangs Strings Of Life in, abruptly out of time.

Can anyone think of any other other commercially released and acclaimed mixes with 'wtf was that all about' moments?
I really love that mix cd and the clang he's talking about! To me it's not a clang at all, it's totally sublime. And I've heard lesser versions of it on other mixes he's done so I'm sure it's intentional