Hip Hop 1990-94

luka

i done this one and suspended in time
no one pays attention to me
this is premos best moment

luka

makes me want to do a piano loops thread.
i love them so much. i never cry when i hear music cos im not a girl but if i did piano loops is what would do it

craner

Beast of Burden
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

craner

Beast of Burden
I've got a tape from 1996 on which Gun Clappaz segue into this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's really good!

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
From the Lox - Recognise:

“too hard for MTV, not black enough for BET.”

I like the line flow-wise, but what does Jadakiss mean by this (maybe I don't know enough about BET)?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
piano loop is beautiful/

i love piano loops, don't get me wrong, and they work brilliantly in hip-hop mostly. guess it's a personal thing, as so often.

Anyone know of records that sample non-obvious classical piano stuff (ie not Beethoven's 5th)? Was thinking of Chopin, Bartok etc. Would've thought someone must have, given the ease of sampling them etc.

luka

me or the papes is wonderful too
i just like the group home one. this is a subject i have devoted a lot of thought too im not ashamed to say

craner

Beast of Burden
Just these before I go body surfing at Barry Island.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Just these before I go body surfing at Barry Island.

That's the essence of hip hop. That. Right there.

They got Slick Rick. We got Gabrielle (not that I dislike her, mind, but. And obv he's British-born, but hell.)