House 09!

vimothy

yurp
Vimothy - I think you mean Ben Klock's mix of Function's 'Disaffected'.

Did some searching and it's actually this track by Shed:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

michael

Bring out the vacuum
^ Yeah, liking that too, somehow the best kind of Barry White vibe with the insistent bass and the vox, I reckon. Esctacy when you're next to me...

vimothy

yurp
I tried listening to that mnml ssgs Donato Dozzy set but couldn't get into it. Must give it another go...

wise

bare BARE BONES
Really enjoying the Hot Toddy & Snake at number 2
More slow House recommendations please!

pipecock

watch out

Richard Carnage

I somehow assumed that you'd already be a member here, Tom. Good to see you anyhow. I also did this mix for ISM on a slowish house tip: http://infinitestatemachine.com/2008/07/20/guest-mix-richard-carnage-late-night-jams-2/

Need to get on some more mixes to be honest. Been far too lax this year.

pipecock

watch out
I somehow assumed that you'd already be a member here, Tom. Good to see you anyhow. I also did this mix for ISM on a slowish house tip: http://infinitestatemachine.com/2008/07/20/guest-mix-richard-carnage-late-night-jams-2/

Need to get on some more mixes to be honest. Been far too lax this year.

i've been having less time to spend on forums for about the last 10 months or so, which is probably not a terrible thing ;) this was one i just never got to!

and yeah, i've been slacking on the mix tip this year as well. i've done one that turned out really well, but that is for a local mixtape thing that i am doing as opposed to tossing it out on the net. i'm about to do another one, but it will likely be for the same project!

shaolinsoul

That dead slow mix.....i listened to it quite late at night, here is my thoughts.

its really quite scary tbh, i imagined skeletons dancing in my bedroom to voodoo pulse house and the RA. H track wierded me out, reminded me of the forest temple in ocarina of time!

shit was tight bro...

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Really enjoying the Hot Toddy & Snake at number 2
More slow House recommendations please!

Check for early mixes of South African stuff - slowing down house tunes was massive over there, it was what gave birth to kwaito. Check for mixes by Glen Lewis or Oskido - some are better than others, it can get a bit coffee table and some of the early selections are surprising - Technotronic if I remember rightly sounded really great. If I get any free time I'll do a mix and up it, I love house around 95 - 110 bpm.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
dl'ing that slow mix right now, tracklist looks dope!

been heavily on the slow tip loads recently, i think it's from listening to so much theo p and moodymann et al. even my own tunes have all been at 113bpm. i've never really given a shit about specific bpms before but there's somethin special about 113

cheers, pipecock

wise

bare BARE BONES
Check for early mixes of South African stuff - slowing down house tunes was massive over there, it was what gave birth to kwaito. Check for mixes by Glen Lewis or Oskido - some are better than others, it can get a bit coffee table and some of the early selections are surprising - Technotronic if I remember rightly sounded really great. If I get any free time I'll do a mix and up it, I love house around 95 - 110 bpm.

Do a mix! Do a mix!