KRS-ONE publishes new book

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Looks really interesting, thanks! Flicking through it, the guy at 9:30 is pretty good, US accent aside...can't put my finger on whose flow he's jacked tho (i'm sure it's v obvious)

mms

sometimes
i got tapes from the time of by all means necessary when westwood was on capital where krs breaks down how cool westwood is using the track titles of the album, so it's sad that he pulled that shit, the tape has ice t mcing over king of the beats by mantronix too, its bad, yes he used to have a swaggering stoned voice, anyone remember the intro to blade's ' forward' ?
When blade was good and uk hip hop was that bit ruffer.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
danny is right. he only started shouting under flexs influence. he used to have a stoned drawl on capital and presumably had a different manner before this. my mate used to work for him and in buisness meetings hes very different naturally.

NWA were brilliant in their day. Who would deny it.

I think if you (the royal "you", not luka you) think people who make hip-hop all take themselves completely seriously there are certain performative nuances flying over your head.

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
NWA were brilliant in their day. Who would deny it.

I think if you (the royal "you", not luka you) think people who make hip-hop all take themselves completely seriously there are certain performative nuances flying over your head.

whats funkmaster flex got to do with nwa, am i missing something?
do you know westwood, he's a legendary uk hip hop dj and son of a vicar from the home counties, ie not a roadish kinda guy, but he has been at it on the radio since the early 80's, and he did help forge and produce some of the better early uk hip hop stuff.

i once called westwood's production office up and he answered the phone in a real clutsy manner couldn't work out how to turn off his answer phone, got really annoyed and passed it onto his poor assistant, wicked he answered the phone though, props to him for that, you won't find many radio 1 ppl doing that.

Last edited: