Darned cockwombles.
It's Alize

alize.gif

No, this is Alizee:

alizee.jpg

Sorry.

DJ PIMP

momma dukes, poppa dukes... nice ones.

simple, but when i was first started hearing boo i was like wtf wtf. and then heard baby boo and got it.

crunk has to be one of my favourite contractions ever...

michael

Bring out the vacuum
the Wu practically has their own separate dialect.
I read an interview with Meth around the release of Tical where he explained the origin of "tical" itself. Can't remember how it worked but it was like he took some slang word they'd invented in the first place, then put it through something like three more changes over time. Wish I could remember the detail, but my enduring memory was just being completely baffled at how impossible it would be to figure it out from anything but context...

Also funny it came back to something like "ital", which is where I thought it'd come from. I was never sure if he was taking the piss of people too ignorant to know better. Me included. :)

Last edited:

CrowleyHead

swallow this murder one verse like god degree

God Degree is 7, meaning it's truth.

Murder One verse signifying both seriousness and gravity.

Swallow meaning listen.

Translation: "Listen to what I have to say, 'cause it's real and you need to hear it."

... I should really sue my father for raising me on Wu-Tang records...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
God Degree is 7, meaning it's truth.

Murder One verse signifying both seriousness and gravity.

Swallow meaning listen.

Translation: "Listen to what I have to say, 'cause it's real and you need to hear it."

... I should really sue my father for raising me on Wu-Tang records...

I think you should write a book, that's a great breakdown

CrowleyHead

I think you should write a book, that's a great breakdown

Trust me, nobody should have to know this shit... And there are too many obnoxious Wu-Tang fanboys who just LOVE to spit 5% lingo to look cool.

"Knowledge Divine Born!""... Goddamnit! You live in a condo!!!"

gumdrops

the best wu lyrics to fox people would be stuff like old sunz of man and killa army. i dont think think they even had any idea what they were talking about.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
the best wu lyrics to fox people would be stuff like old sunz of man and killa army. i dont think think they even had any idea what they were talking about.

this isn't a missed reference so much as a misunderstanding but for the longest time I when I was in my teens I thought the line in "Wu-Renegades" was "Yo Killarmy we the last armageddon/prepare yourself now for the six man wedding" - which, I mean...ahead of their time, Killarmy, with their advocacy for polyamorous same-sex marriage...

but it's true that Sunz of Man & Killarmy are like the distilled essence of all the most bizarre & esoteric bits of Wu/5% mythology, w/o Meth's mainstream appeal or Rae/Ghost's street tales or GZA's intellect to tie them down to reality. I quite enjoy it, personally.

CrowleyHead

Sunz Of Man sort of peaked after their 1st single. As an album, it didn't work for me... Killa Army, there, you have like, no rappers of note, but 4th Disciple is an amazing producer... Perhaps even better than Rza! I remember Kanye once actually checking a journalist in an interview saying, "Rza didn't invent the sped up soul samples... That was 4th Disciple".

We officially hit a peak in truly gone slang once Cappadonna entered the picture. The man is just traight language deconstruction.

"Read it like a novel; Donna Cappa Goines. Striving, my duns be dollars and coins."

nomos

Administrator
OK, different thing now.

the #3 circa 1990

lots of references from different sources. 3 Feet High is the most famous but there were a but of rappers going on about the power the 3. Master Ace had his a<sup>3</sup> Action Posse. Liner notes from the first album...

"Yes, I would like to say peace to all those groups that represent the power of <sup>3</sup>. 3rd Bass, De La Soul, 3xDope to name a few."

But I could never figure out what it was about. The geometric strength of triangles, pyramids, three dudes? Or was a it numerological, Knowledge Widom Understanding being 1,2,3 for Fiver Percenters. Except these groups were never really linked up with that stuff to the extent that a lot of their contemporaries were

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
3 has always had a good rep, I guess. Much more so than 41, for example.

What happened to hip-hop trios anyway? I always thought it was an excellent number - three different voices/elements is just enough variety for about anything.

CrowleyHead

And if you have 3 MCs, there's always one guy who's totally useless, but you need him for spots on a song.

Examples: Mac Fu of the Fuschickens, Pras, etc.

petergunn

plywood violin
Sunz Of Man sort of peaked after their 1st single. As an album, it didn't work for me... Killa Army, there, you have like, no rappers of note, but 4th Disciple is an amazing producer... Perhaps even better than Rza! I remember Kanye once actually checking a journalist in an interview saying, "Rza didn't invent the sped up soul samples... That was 4th Disciple".
"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this is the one i remember noticing first.... rza poduction...

CrowleyHead

Yeah, but that's already what, '96/'97? This was around the same time Rza was Executive Producing Killarmy. What's more, Rza's little brother is one of the main rappers in that crew... And 4th produced close to about a fifth of Wu-Forever.

... I may have to go to the sacred cow thread and say something that will respond in more death threats than my dismissal of J.D....