More MIA

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]

rrrivero

yeah that track is awful, MIA and Nicki were relegated to cheerleader status to an old anorexic whore who should've had the common decency to die (literally or figuratively) 5-10 years ago

rrrivero

I've never been partial to Madonna, and I'm willing to propose marriage to M.I.A., hence this hits a nerve. In other words, really.

CrowleyHead

And I get chewed out for hating on Lana Del Rey...

To be honest, M.I.A. selling out and being a cheerleader for Madonna is brilliant, but if anyone's walking Madge's tightrope of whoring and inspiring in that video, it is Nicki.

rrrivero

Fine, but my question is why does someone have to get called a whore/etc?
I'm not always fully conscious of the vitriol that spews out of my mouth. Whereas I've no interest in Madonna's actual promiscuity level, that's what I felt like saying at the time, so take it as more of a reflection of my mood than an actual fact

zhao

there are no accidents
Fine, but my question is why does someone have to get called a whore/etc?

well in this case the whore image is self consciously and calculatedly cultivated by the popstar herself innit. not to mention her notorious climb to the top by having not just cookies and milk with all of NYC

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I'm honestly having a lot of trouble processing this new MIA video. I can't quite decide what I think about it. I wish there was more people on here weighing in. (I'm referring here to Bad Girls, not that shit Madonna one)

luka

prince-valiant-dragon.jpg

Last edited:

rrrivero

I'm honestly having a lot of trouble processing this new MIA video. I can't quite decide what I think about it. I wish there was more people on here weighing in. (I'm referring here to Bad Girls, not that shit Madonna one)
She looks stupid in the video, like she can't decide whether she wants to be the ghetto queen of the arab spring or an average pop singer. I like every scene in the video where she's not in. And that's weird. Then again this is also one of my least favourite M.I.A. songs, it sounds generic (like its title), there's none of that raw fun that I love M.I.A. for, and it's reflected in the video. Her expressions are often terribly bland

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
The video is sick, that neon car is sick, the filing nails is sick, the sliding on the floor as car is going along is sick.

Then you find out it was filmed in morocco and all those questions about m.i.a just pop up again, and then you realise the song aint all that.

CrowleyHead

I get more smug satisfaction of M.I.A. being a sassy sidekick for Madonna than her continuing the whole sham of a career.