Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... or Liquid Swords?

• Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Liquid Swords

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

sadmanbarty

British people using "y'all" as a result of being overexposed to Americans will never not be a bug bear of mine

its not just "y'all". its a whole millennial internet dialect like that. no matter where people are in the world as soon as they get on twitter they're african american. "x be like y", etc.

luka

its not just "y'all". its a whole millennial internet dialect like that. no matter where people are in the world as soon as they get on twitter they're african american. "x be like y", etc.

And often gay as well. Or drag queens.

forclosure

then in drill there's that pull to reaffirm that your still doing road stuff. still living the lifestyle.

yep and then at the same time when these same brehs go and do stuff that reaffirms that they "ride out for their bros" or active etc when somebody like Loski gets locked up for a having a highspeed chase with boy dem theyre the same ones to turn around and say he was stupid and wasted his career potential

luka

There's a whole world of space in between those two stances. Which is where I like to play.

luka

So how to tell the truth, how to express what you truly believe and feel, without recourse to a doe eyed performative sincerity.

How to keep a sense of play and mischief and ambiguity active while telling the truth. All that sort of thing is what I like.

version

So how to tell the truth, how to express what you truly believe and feel, without recourse to a doe eyed performative sincerity.

How to keep a sense of play and mischief and ambiguity active while telling the truth. All that sort of thing is what I like.

I think this requires a certain level of comfort and familiarity with your audience which is why it works on here.

luka

I do it in my Serious Literature too. Which relies on the reader being literate and highly intelligent and sophisticated.