constant escape

winter withered, warm
Well can one shatter their own fantasy? Or does something, outside, have to come along and do it, forcibly?

And this is something I've been trying to clarify, and will continue to try, but again, your words here are appreciated.

I'm rather selfishly hijacking this thread, but I suspect its of little concern.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
And it has to forcibly overcome you? That is, if you welcome it into your fantasy, then the fantasy isn't shattered. It can't be consensual.

Leo

BTW, I fell asleep halfway thru trump's big acceptance speech last night. to a narcissist obsessed with TV ratings, that's perhaps the greatest insult.

Leo

he's such a thin-skinned mofo that if I tweeted that and tagged him, he'd probably respond and accuse me of being a police-hating loser.

Leo

The President's Show a few years ago on Comedy Central was actually pretty good, Anthony Atamanuik has the mannerisms and intonation down (obviously slightly exaggerated for comic effect, but not too exaggerated). The guy who played Pence was good too.

linebaugh

I can see comedy, but where exactly can a straight forward dramatic recreation fill the story in? where is there to apply fiction where it isn't already present and available? The whole presidency feels like living through one grand experiment in narrative story telling. There's the idea that post modern experimentation through pastiche, satire and etc. was more 'real' than realism and with Trump that feels spot on.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Yeah thats an interesting point. Maybe something like this Trump/Comey picture will somehow feel more real, or at least less absurd, than reality. Maybe involving some kind of weird inversion of the suspension of disbelief.

Leo

the narrative is further complicated by trump being a real-life reality TV star. reality TV, of course, being a misnomer because aspects of it are loosely scripted or at least discussed in advance and portrayed in a certain way for maximum effect.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Oh yeah, I worked a few seasons as a PA on Big Brother so I'd assume it is the same across the board. I only had minimal insight into things, though.

Leo

not unexpected but depressing nonetheless.

Top Democrats fear that protests could help Trump win

Democrats close to Joe Biden increasingly fear the looting and violence in cities could help President Trump, especially among the few undecided or wavering Americans.

Why it matters: This is a huge story that helps explain the state of the race, with some Democrats panicking that Trump could win.

A new poll out of Wisconsin has heightened worry among top Democrats: In a Marquette Law School poll of registered voters in battleground Wisconsin, support for Black Lives Matters protests dropped 13 points from June to August, just ahead of the police shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha.

Leo

probably, and trump will be unleashed in his response because he'll no longer care about getting reelected. could be ugly.

IdleRich

IdleRich

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Republicans fighting dirty as fuck now.... gloves totally off

I'm going to assume 'Scalise' rhymes with 'sleazy'.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Isn't there a scene like that in a Simpsons episode from years back? The one with Stephen Hawking in it, where he and Homer are at a bar and Homer does this pretend robot voice and says "I - WILL - PAY - FOR - THIS - MAN'S - DRINKS", then Hawking goes "I - DID - NOT - JUST - SAY - THAT", and Homer goes "YES - I - DID", etc. etc.