luka

it's quite an audacious strategy isnt it. maybe people wont notice hes the incumbent and they'll vote for him to fix it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It seems to be part of the same mind-set that leads people to say "Everything has fucked up, the world is burning and half our population is dying of covid... thank God Hillary/Corbyn didn't get in at the last election or we would be in real trouble".

version

They have to manufacture hypotheticals because their policies and positions can't be justified on their own merits.

version

It is and it isn't. They turned on a ton of Republicans pretty quickly. How many of them voted for Bush, Romney and McCain then decided actually they were all The Enemy?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Well yeah but they had time to pause and what not. Now nutters have been arguing passionately in favour of Trump for years and they can't suddenly go "Oh yeah, he is a criminal rapist idiot..." - I mean you have that account for people to express regret but for the majority they are just in too deep...
I am in blood
Stepped in so far that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.

version

They probably wouldn't acknowledge they ever supported him. They'd seamlessly switch to "Yeah, that guy sucks! Fuck Trump!" and support whoever the next person was.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Well you got the Trump Regrets thing.... although who knows if they are telling the truth.
This lifelong conservative Republican voter greatly respects the office you hold. However, you sir, are a whiny, pathetic, bully. You have disrespected the office. I voted for you once but will not a second time.

I voted for Trump 4 years ago, & I regret it. I would have thought he would've really stepped up with the pandemic. But he just showed how much of a worthless human being he really is. It makes me sick to hear him.

BidenHarris2020 has my vote. I’d vote for a toaster at this point before making the mistake of supporting you again.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
Donald Trump - you have done your best to destroy this country. Regret my vote for you. Can't take it back but it will not happen again. Now go call Putin. Tell him what Annette said.

I’ll admit I voted for trump and media was the reason why cuz I didn’t trust Hillary and I went to 3 of trumps rally’s and they falsely reported stuff at his rally’s but I regret voting for him as it’s been the biggest clusterfuck in the WH

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
Donald Trump - Any ounce of respect I had left for you is gone since you're throwing your support at #QAnon conspiracy nutjobs. Done! Good luck w/ the election. I voted for you in 2016, but you won't get my vote in 2020.

And so on and so forth... I guess that there are a few who voted for him but who aren't cult members to the extent that they do see his more ridiculous lies etc let's just hope there are more than we previously thought...

Leo

It is and it isn't. They turned on a ton of Republicans pretty quickly. How many of them voted for Bush, Romney and McCain then decided actually they were all The Enemy?

except there were never conspiracy theories about McCain being the chosen one to do apocalyptic battle again lizard people pedos. trump worship is a whole new level.

version

I don't think it matters. People are fickle. There's no consistency. If it comes to it, they'll just say Trump was part of the conspiracy.

version

Something worth considering re: those Trump Regrets posts and accounts is the possibility it's just another influence campaign and they aren't real people.

IdleRich

IdleRich
That's what I was getting at when I said "Who knows if they are telling the truth". I reckon at least some are though surely, cos there must be some who want to announce their change of allegiance and this kind of safe space can draw them out. Although of course I've read loads of people replying by saying "Well my friend voted Dems for the last 30 years but they love Trump so much they're switching for 2020".

IdleRich

IdleRich
Seen this facebook thing that has just been busted? A huge operation with fake pictures which then started employing real people. All to re-elect Trump apparently. But yeah soon it will just be bots trying to influence other bots.