Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1194

Thread: Dinner of the Day.

i ate cheese fondue today.

I had chips curry sauce pickled onion lagers Jameson's now I'm on the vodka and coke

Kate Bush came on the radio in the chip shop I had a spiritual experience

are you on cocaine or just cola?

Coca Cola. Coke by yourself doesn't bear thinking about. Road to ruin.

Wanking yourself stupid at 11am with the curtains drawn

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

visited my sister this weekend, she's dealing with an illness and friends have been bringing over get-well gifts. one guy she knows works at the local fishery where the boats come in from weeks out in the Atlantic, brought her 11 pounds of fresh-caught haddock (seeing that it retails for around $20/pound, I think it might have, ahem, fallen off the back of a truck...)

been eating fresh haddock all freakin' weekend, so good. sautéed with panko breadcrumbs with boiled potatoes and streamed broccoli one night, potatoes and asparagus another, potatoes and streamed spinach today. wonderful.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

Girlfriend went out and ordered me to make a hearty, meaty stew. So I did. Very simple to do of course but the ingredients are what make it tasty and interesting; here the main thing was four different types of sausage (a standard chorizo, a chorizo from Alantejo, a black chrorizo and a morcella), augmented with two different types of beans (in large quantities) along with all the usual bits and bobs... garnished with spring onion and coriander.

ChorizoMorcellaStew.jpg

ChorizoMorcellaStew2.jpg

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

Leo

Looks OK but could probably benefit from some mushrooms.
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs

I dunno... did have some but there was no room to put them in the pot. Liza said it was too meaty though - I didn't think that was possible.

No dinner as such today but when we got back from the cinema we whipped up a 2am snack of mussels with onions, garlic, tomatoes etc... and more unusually some mushrooms we had in the fridge, plus - in place of olives - some chopped up gherkins for a bit of sharpness.

20200229_021512.jpg

15. The Following User Says Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

Leo

Fantastic food today... went to my favourite Nepalese dumpling place which grows in my estimation each visit. The dumplings are amazing but every time we go I try one of the other dishes in addition, this time I tried something called sukuti which was utterly delicious pieces of dry cooked pork (normally lamb according to interweb) - look at these four euros of deliciousness!

20200302_155942.jpg

This place is so good, I love the taste and the price but also the friendliness of the staff. I think the vibe even rubs off on the customers, today I saw someone tucking into a lovely looking dish and after wrestling with the decision for a while (as I know some people consider it rude to stare at a neighbouring table's food, nevermind start talking about it) I enquired as to what it was and he replied with a big smile and the offer of a taste. That has happened a few times in our local village but for me this is a first in central Lisbon. I really do love this kind of genuine friendliness that makes a spot like this feel like dinner at a mate's house... if I had a mate who was the world's best Nepalese dumpling cook.
    And then for dinner...
    Last edited by IdleRich; 03-03-2020 at 01:52 AM.

... I finally got round to having a crack at this recipe I had planned to try at Chinese new year but somehow did not manage to quite get round to for the last few weeks.
    Basically you get a huge bit of pork belly, drown it in something called shaoxing wine (in my defence it took me a little while to score that... er, from the big Chinese supermarket, who'd a thunk?) and then cook it in the oven on a low heat for hours with a few extra bits and bobs such as soy, dark brown sugar, spring onion and ginger. It's basically very very easy to do as long as you're not in a hurry but when you serve it the flavour is so deep and rich and the pork is so tender you can slice through it with the chopsticks and then let it melt away deliciously in your mouth.

20200302_190031.jpg

20200303_021053.jpg

20200303_021446.jpg
    I'm especially happy with this effort cos it's not the usual kind of stuff I make.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

We went to Porto to DJ last night, some of our friends recommended a place to go for food which turned out to be on the same street as where we were staying so it seemed rude not to check it out this afternoon. Real local place with a pig's head on the counter, hams hanging from the ceiling, a long bar with people loading up on wine and different hams. A few tables in the corners and we managed to get one after a little wait... we had clams, cheeseboard and accidentally ordered gizzards which were really delicious in the end. Also, a ham roll which had so much ham.

CasaPrestuntosHead.jpg

CasaPresuntosHams.jpg

CassaPresuntosGizzards.jpg

CasaPresuntosClams.jpg

CasaPresuntosSandwich.jpg

20. The Following User Says Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

Leo

Do you have a recipe for that Chinese pork thing Rich? Looks fantastic.

No photos from me but I did cook a nice meal tonight - experimenting with okra, so I made the simplest recipe I had - slow fried onions, added garlic, added the okra, some pots I'd just peeled and boiled, seasoned, added coriander. Surprisingly delish.