Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-Transformation & Build A Better You.

One thing to aim for might be, how to enjoy lazy useless slob time with a clear conscience.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    One thing to aim for might be, how to enjoy lazy useless slob time with a clear conscience.
    it's called "me time". nothing wrong with it, I find it quite essential actually

it's interesting the thing you said about the left ceding the territory, Luka. Not this particular territory but the power dynamics of it. Do you have more on that? I've got my notebook out.

Is the left doomed to subordination in this battle, not able to move around with sovereignity but predestined to position itself in opposition to wherever right goes?

Is the left afraid to fight because they have more to lose?

Are you trying to trick me into thinking?

The immediate context here is, as I say, poetix and his fussing over the magical, the mystical, the occult, the intuitive, the imaginal, the message from beyond, spirits, fairies, elves of hills, brooks, standing lakes and groves, goddesses with pale ankles, demons, daimons, Wizards, warlocks, spooks and holy ghosts.

He believes in something he calls 'the rationalist.' It's a a kind of robot that is incapable of mistakes.

He's always been a bit like that but it's been at the forefront of his mind recently because Josef K, with tentative support from Nina Power, has been summoning the ancient spirits of evil, from the dusty, old grimoires of Evola and the traditionalists.

So the fear is that anything which does not submit to the strictures of the infallible robot is liable to end up as josef k.

I think, I think, the robot is presumed to be innately left wing, although right wing 'rationalists' would beg to differ.

You'd think they could settle their disputes rationally but for some reason that doesn't seem to be possible.

Another friend of mine, znore, who writes the grapejuice blog, is concerned with making an argument for a left irrationality, leaning heavily on Blake and Finegans Wake. Because, like me, and this is how we became friends, he likes drugs and poetry and messages from beyond and disincarnate intelligences and mythological systems and etc and doesn't see any reason why the nazis should get them all to themselves.

https://groupnameforgrapejuice.blogspot.com

He's very aware of the problem, more so than most, because about 90% of the circle of bloggers he was initially involved with turned into nazis during this recent ideological upheaval (which is so huge, and has transformed the landscape so utterly I can't think of a precedent for it in my lifetime) He wrote a piece I like on the frog god Kek and the birth of the alt right.

So the danger is real, real enough, for whatever reason, but it may be that the answer is to map the territory better, with the dangers signposted, rather than declaring it forbidden ground and surrendering it to the enemy.

My strong belief is that the nazism is a retreat from the territory proper, or it corresponds to a reterritorialisation. Seeking safety in a renewed drawing of boundaries, a rigidified, defined self, etc etc etc. It's fear in the face of the nameless ones, the oozing morass, the void, the howling abyss.... It's not a feature of that place, rather it is a common reaction to being exposed to it.

That's the context I had in mind, ( & deliberately tugging poetix pigtails in the hope of making him squeal in indignation.)
    Last edited by luka; 09-11-2019 at 01:01 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

I'm not remotely political myself I just believe in choosing a side. I don't believe in a non partisan position. It's a war universe, as Burroughs says.

I don't think I've answered your question but that's because I don't think I understand it

Does Burroughs say anything about the sides being orchestrated to trap people into believing in fictions to keep them busy and divided?
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

Yeah me and version talk about it on the nova thread

Well, a feedback loop of ever escalating antagonisms.

But if you posit someone doing the lying and dividing you posit an enemy and you are still in a war universe. The nova mob correspond to that position. Those dividing and fanning the flames.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    I did one yoga class and it was one of the most humiliating experiences of my life. I put me back in a state of adolescent consciousness I thought I'd escaped for good.
    I was just listening to Brogan saying how he likes weed cos it's put him in a vulnerable state where he doesn't feel confident about anything, because those things that you think about then - those worries - are important.

I'm not saying people should rush towards the things they hate but I also believe in that suffering in the name of self improvement. I sometimes inadvertently picture it is as a hand over a flame, thickening the skin.

Could be the pure figment of my self torturing mind of course lol
    Last edited by Corpsey; 09-11-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

A fascinating thread to me particularly because I've flirted with self improvement literature many times - and still do actually. Not of the hokey kind, but psychological theories, pop psych discoveries about the brain and how to integrate them etc. I think those books are useful. I don't see anything productive about being depressed. Depression can breed empathy I think but also while you're depressed you are naturally less empathetic.

Advice can be toxic if it's making you self obsessed but there's a lot of good stuff out there.

* I realise I HAVE flirted with hokey and iffy stuff, specifically by reading the Game. I hated what I read of it, couldn't stand the author, realised that the people using these techniques were cringey and/or insane. But I definitely was hoping that it might contain some trick that could give me confidence. Interesting link between PUA stuff and gamification of life, I bet. Programmers as billionaires.
    Last edited by Corpsey; 09-11-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

One of the things I grew to dislike about weed was precisely that, the way it pulls the rug out from under your ego. I'd be happily talking awY with a friend, enjoying projecting a basically fictional character in a big loud voice then they'd pass me a spliff and almost instantly it became Impossible to play that role.

It makes the shared fictions and game playing that underlie socilialising almost impossible. Terrible, terrible. Locked in schizoid silence.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post: