Thread: Speaker stands?

Default Speaker stands?

Dull technical question, but can anyone make recommendations on speaker stands for some monitors, weighing about 7kg? I've got tired of reading online and every single time someone raising doubts about the quality of the stands...there must be some that are relatively inexpensive and do this relatively straightforward job.

Looking on the internet for anything vaguely technical is a nightmare of choice these days. Choice is a horror, which might make a good thread.
    Last edited by baboon2004; 16-02-2020 at 04:42 PM.

It's the new 'water filters' thread

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

it's quite frankly a disgrace that the forum is clogged up with kate bush marriage fantasies to the exclusion of good practical advice

5. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

I think that alas, when the dust settles, it may prove to be

8. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

I don't really know how i came to know this, but there are some fancy speaker stands here, dear ape.
    https://mixmag.net/feature/5-of-the-best-studio-hacks
    i came across this page for some reason last week and when you mentioned this request i have been trying to find it again, i don't actually usually frequent mixmag i promise

now why the fing f has nobody dealt with my cyborg questions https://www.dissensus.com/newreply.p...5764&noquote=1 get in there
    kevin?
    beagle??

baboon2004, you don't really need anything fancy. Just go on studiospares or the gumtree and find something semi decent looking. The audiophile shit is useless unless you're in some laboratory grade studio.
    cheep cheep

https://www.provantage.com/atlantic-...9~7ATLN0CF.htm

not sure if I have these exact ones but if not then very similar. about $50 for the pair, solid and sit on little spike feet. needed them because I didn't have bookshelves in the right locations in my living room.

I might be ready to get a new pair of speakers, I know smaller bookshelf speakers are greatly improved since I bought mine. anyone have any recommendations? not looking to spend a ton but willing to invest in something that's worth it. not into the fancy home stereo set up, though.

Thanks guys, I'll take a look into these!