GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

anyone else like lethal b's FWD 2? i think its dexplicit's best beat in ages (i.e. not an obvious FWD retread) and i dont usually even really like his stuff.

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Fiddy said:
Stanza hit me up with some stuff from that mixtape and it's sounding like one of best album/mixtapes we've had for a long time. Go Scandalous, go, go, go!

I'm really looking forward to this one, just hope it will come out soon..... Should've been released two weeks ago (something wrong with the mastering i think)
Snippits of the ccd on Cameos show sound real nice.
Also waiting desperately for Guns n Roses 2 ruff Sqwad. Independance have a test release of Cukoo, have a listen if you're into Ruff Sqwad.

Last edited:

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
FWD 2 (I assume you're talking about the new synthy video version) is alright, Lethal's bars are better than on the FWD 2 that was floating on dub with Flirta and some others. But 'Piddy Pow' is NOT a replacement for 'pow I'm lethal da b', very much not gangsta if you ask me. Anyone not seen/heard this check http://www.videosonroad.com/ I like Bear Man's bars on there and the beat is quite alright but I dunno... Sequels are always a bit risky and I think this one kinda pales in comparison. Also Ozzy B going second with his lame one-line clap, clap lyrics? No, not really a good choice.

gumdrops

did anyone at all by some small chance record/hear wonder's set tonight from 9 til 11? they played this one track i heard on my way back, was really minimal, kinda like another variation on wonder-what, just a lot of heavy bass rumbling, but it sounded so brilliant. i think it was about 22.30ish. i know that could be any number of tracks but if anyone somehow has a tracklisting, or thinks they know, suggestions would be great.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Jezmi said:
Independance have a test release of Cukoo, have a listen if you're into Ruff Sqwad.

Frippin' ell. Cuckoo finally out. So maybe I shouldn't give up hope on them releasing 'Josh' or 'Clive'?

boomnoise

♫
can i have it like that please?

just listening to the instrumental of the new pharrell track Can I Have it Like that and i realised i would love to hear some grime mcs on it. i think it would be astounding. logan - can you make it happen? ;)

greeneyes

Bit Mangler
Fumin - what's that riddim?

On Lord Of The Mic 1, fumin does a freestyle (track 15) over a very funky synth bass track. What is it? And is there an instrumental version?

"I'm so hungry, I'm so hungry, I'm so hungry,
I could eat a horse..."

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
The second Wiley track on last week's Logan show is just too big.
Why do I get the feeling that Wiley won't be busy in the scene for much longer?
And why do I get the feeling that of all the people in the grime scene, Wiley will be one the few making a living off music for a long time?

boomnoise

♫
Megaman update from the most unlikely of sources, Dazed and Confused:

BREAKING NEWS..

There were interesting scenes in a London court room yesterday, when So Solid Crew’s Megaman, who is up on charges of ordering a man’s killing, defended himself by singing his lyrics to the courtroom in an attempt to deny that they glorified violence. Dwayne Vincent then drew a line between himself the “businessman” and Megaman the “musician”, and then insisted that when he was speaking about shooting people, he was “using it as a metaphor. I’m saying I’m hitting them with a lot of hits in the music industry.” He then also denied that they ever had any fans in south London who were likely to commit violence, claiming that most of their fans were actually busy at “universities and colleges.”

gumdrops

does anyone recommend the doctor mixtape? just read the grime column at pitchfork where it says doctor is apparently the biggest MC out now - i never got that impression but i might just be out of touch... he seems pretty average to me.

theo

pollymarchs 4 eva
Anyone else heard Remerdee's mixtape. Public Demand vol 1?
So far it it not as good as Essentials Heating vol 2 but it is still up there.

Any other new mixtapes to look out for?