GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
As I said in the interview I did with Dizzee;

Grime is to the UK as Hip Hop is to America and Dancehall is to Jamaica.

They are all superficially similar but distinctly different.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
dont know why logan is having to elaborate on the US hip hop/UK grime comparison, this has been talked about for over two years.

S

simon silverdollar

Aim High 3 DVD + CD out this december!

it's been a hot summer and it's gonna be an even hotter winter...

Badmarsh

I watched practice sessions vol 2 over the weekend.
Found it very interesting and decided that J2k is a wicked MC - followed closely by Trim.
Jammer looks like a speed freak when he chats! its hilarious!

Immryr

hold on a minute......

you ONLY JUST realized J2K is an amazing mc?? hes easily one of the best in britain, if not the world!

Badmarsh

Yep..first time I've ever heard him...I'm not into grime at all. i was over someone's yard and they had a copy of practice hours so i watched it. quite cool! fuckin funny especially riko's interview.

S

simon silverdollar

not really grime, but check chantelle fiddy's blog for the Sway intwerview, where he talks about all the bad things that happen when women don't accept their role of bringing home food for their men...

hmmm.
:eek:

gumdrops

sticking with blogs, theres a touching ode to ms fiddy on prancehall's site

got an email today from 1xtra saying that during their hip hop weekend, "Semtex found out how US Hip Hoproyalty is feeling the UK scene – JuelzSantana and Bun B on grime". havent heard it yet so not sure if theres actually audio of juelz and bun rapping over grime beats but hopefully there is. it would be cool to see if these guys pay more than lip service. not that they have to of course, id just like to see how they ride the rhythms.

i just read the interview on RWD between titch/keish sugababe and was quite surprised to find out titch's manager is also lady sov's. its good to know he's working all his artists on the same level.

Last edited:
ok.....

silverdollar your paraphrasing and gumdrops....garage/NUKG managers are waste - don't everyone know this by now?

on a tangent....'Misty Cold' by Ruff Sqwad HEAVILY borrows from a old Obisi, or as the West knows and renamed it :mad:, Hi-Life tune.....

S

simon silverdollar

Tactics said:
silverdollar your paraphrasing .

yr right, i did misread that quote: i thought he was saying that broken homes happen BECAUSE women don't accept their 'role', whereas actually he sees the causal chain as going in the other direction.

either way, though, the stuff about women's 'role' being to stay at home and look after their 'strong bear' men' is obviously worrying, as well as being a bizarre thing to let slip in what's essentially a promotional device to get through to a bigger audience.

gumdrops

i dont think anything could hurt sway at this point, he has the type of hype most artists would kill for.

Last edited:
C

captain easychord

gumdrops said:
sticking with blogs, theres a touching ode to ms fiddy on prancehall's site

got an email today from 1xtra saying that during their hip hop weekend, "Semtex found out how US Hip Hoproyalty is feeling the UK scene – JuelzSantana and Bun B on grime". havent heard it yet so not sure if theres actually audio of juelz and bun rapping over grime beats but hopefully there is. it would be cool to see if these guys pay more than lip service. not that they have to of course, id just like to see how they ride the rhythms.

i just read the interview on RWD between titch/keish sugababe and was quite surprised to find out titch's manager is also lady sov's. its good to know he's working all his artists on the same level.

well, bun b and dizzee did some stuff in the studio... and he's on the latest grit boys mixtape.

gumdrops

does anyone know what the status is on the newham generals album? everytime i hear them on rinse, they say the same old 'generally speaking, album out soon!' but i still havent seen anything materialise....

gumdrops

cool. i was hoping it would be mic centre but frontline is good too (even though it has no hook!). im guessing it's the frontline thats been doing the rounds for a while already? is this through XL or is dirtee stank going totally indie?

Last edited: