Page 502 of 767 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 11496

Thread: GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

  1. #7516
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    Back on Rinse 1 tonight new and old styles
    Will lock in.

    Its seems that the night is off because Ghetto is on the bill which is pretty dumb as he had his launch night there and there was no trouble. Turns out everyone had a good night out and then went home.




  2. #7517
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon78 View Post
    I'm gutted Reloads has been locked off, the line up was so good

    I have been to most of the Grime nights at the Rhythm Factory and I have never seen any trouble there. It was always a good atmosphere.

  3. #7518
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    LDN
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    so has Reloads definitely been locked off??

    anyone see Logan on BBC news the other night talking about the grime raves being banned in London?

    Brazen was on too.

  4. #7519
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjybars View Post
    so has Reloads definitely been locked off??

    anyone see Logan on BBC news the other night talking about the grime raves being banned in London?

    Brazen was on too.
    Yeah, its on the Rhythm Factory website and it was on Grime Forum. I wanted to see Flirta D live again, he always kills it at Chockablock.


    Fri 23rd
    October

    RELOADS - Grime & Dubstep

    THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED


    Its a joke. There is never any trouble at Dirty Canvas, Chockablock or FWD.

  5. #7520
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon78 View Post
    Yeah, its on the Rhythm Factory website and it was on Grime Forum. I wanted to see Flirta D live again, he always kills it at Chockablock.

    Fri 23rd
    October

    RELOADS - Grime & Dubstep

    THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED

    Its a joke. There is never any trouble at Dirty Canvas, Chockablock or FWD.
    this seems an appropriate point to post this - the transcript of my interview with alex from the rhythm factory in 07 (for the woofah 'grime vs the met' piece):
    “The police have this policy now, since the new licensing laws came in, that their way of monitoring events… if we’ve had something that’s been going on for years, they don’t pay much attention. But if it’s a new promotion, or a promotion that might be deemed to be a bit ‘dodgy’ or ‘dangerous’ then we have to fill out a risk assessment form, which involves the full line-up, with all the full names, addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth for all of the artists and promoters – which is of course impossible. And Dave knows as well as we do that we can’t go up to every artist’s manager and ask for their name, date of birth, a copy of your passport, etc.”

    “So instead The Police recommended that we take the promoter’s passport, and lock it in our safe, so the promoter can’t skip the country if something does happen.”

    “I don’t think it was Trident. It’s the Police section that deal with licensing… it’s the same with every venue now. But it’s so difficult… on an average night if you’ve got eight DJs, coming from all over the place, all with different management – and that’s just a DJ night.”

    “The last grime night we had on was Jammer, and The Police phoned us up and said ‘you know what kind of crowd this attracts? You have to prove to us that you’re putting extra security on, you have to search people on their way in.’ We’re happy to search people on the way in, and the promoters don’t mind, and the crowd seem quite happy with it too. The crowd that come along are not only black, not only white, they’re generally in their mid-20s, they want to have a good time, and they’ve got money to spend. They’re a nice bunch.”

    “They said to us ‘you know what kind of crowd this is going to be?’ And we said ‘yeah, it’s going to be a really nice crowd’.” (laughs)

    “We’ve had some r’n’b and funky house nights where The Police have got in touch over something they’ve seen on the line-up, and saved our skin basically. But it’s never happened with grime artists, they just moan about the crowd a bit.”

  6. #7521
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mos dan View Post
    “They said to us ‘you know what kind of crowd this is going to be?’ And we said ‘yeah, it’s going to be a really nice crowd’.” (laughs)
    Sorry to keep moaning about this but it has really pissed me off. I know I can still buy all of the CD's and records but I think Grime is at its best when its live, either in a club or on the radio.

    Its only a really small scene, I see the same people at every single Grime night. The last thing I went to was the Frisco video launch at The Old Blue Last and there was a great atmosphere inside the pub. The worst things that happened that night were someone sparking up a zoot inside and I think someone might have spilt a drink.

    Maybe its just because its a new promotion?

  7. #7522
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Keep moaning mate. It's well out of order.

  8. #7523
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York, Paris, Leyton
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon78 View Post
    Sorry to keep moaning about this but it has really pissed me off. I know I can still buy all of the CD's and records but I think Grime is at its best when its live, either in a club or on the radio.

    Its only a really small scene, I see the same people at every single Grime night. The last thing I went to was the Frisco video launch at The Old Blue Last and there was a great atmosphere inside the pub. The worst things that happened that night were someone sparking up a zoot inside and I think someone might have spilt a drink.

    Maybe its just because its a new promotion?
    the promoter has promoted many an event, here and overseas.

  9. #7524
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Willy Kat was an rinse again, on Sunday BBK show.

  10. #7525
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,732

    Default

    did anyone watch dizzee rascal on electric proms on bbc2 last night?
    i thought it was great especially the performances of brand new day and jezebel from BITC.

    if you can access bbc iplayer watch it here

  11. #7526
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York, Paris, Leyton
    Posts
    1,091

    Default



    Butterz tv... episode one.. enjoy

  12. #7527
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post


    Butterz tv... episode one.. enjoy
    that's quality elijah - ustream is big

  13. #7528
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    LDN
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    i'm ill and bored so spent the last 2 hours listening to grime instrumentals on youtube.

    did this ever come out?? it's fucking heavy! sounds like something Untold would release on Hessle if he was making grime in 2004.

    big.


  14. #7529
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by continuum View Post
    did anyone watch dizzee rascal on electric proms on bbc2 last night?
    i thought it was great especially the performances of brand new day and jezebel from BITC.

    if you can access bbc iplayer watch it here

    someone's just uploaded the performance of brand new day to youtube - hopefully someone will do the same with jezebel

  15. #7530
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    31,752

    Default

    that just bought tears to my eyes

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •