Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1133

Thread: Road Rap

I have nothing of value to add but that Pop Smoke tune is fire. That's the best thing I've heard for ages.
    808 Melo is from bloody Ilford of all places.
    According to an interview snippet on Genius, the beat came up on Youtube at random:

I made this in my crib. I made ďWelcome to the PartyĒ in my crib. It took like 30 minutes. Iím just chilling with the homeboys, you know, I just wanted to party. I donít know how I came across the beat, I was just on YouTube and it just came across and I just clicked it. Real shit, it was just on the YouTube. Because you know I listen to a couple artists. I like Chef, know what Iím saying? I like Sleepy. So as Iím listening to them the beat just came up and I just went crazy. I donít write at all to be honest. I just go in there and go crazy.

wtf happened here?
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyHead View Post
    You can at least scale it back to like, IDK, simply pointing out to the fact that the UK music industry's sensibilities to rap are still in the primordial ooze akin to the US in the 80s thanks to a combination of backwards comedic sensibilities and a grating need to force entertainers to become novelty acts to be digestible beyond the say, 100 Thousand people or so in their core demographic. Which is fucked and has been a glaring issue for the past 20 years or so, but for any person in the industry looking past that, there's 2 or 3 people coming up with an Ed Sheeran-type scam to get themselves Out of urban music to make money/be respectable.

+1, i fully agree with all of this, barty i find it disappointing you deleted the original minstrellsy post, there's making humorous quips and then there's just this macho overdrive tendancy where there's no black and brown users to call you out cos like we just can't be fucked with a rinse+repeat delete cycle. like, its entitlement to just be irreverent about yourselves, theres a reason why people like me and web eschatology hold back a bit and crowl even mentioned this but i guess people wanted to play the he's my disciple act explain it to me please! and that's really cringe. like thhere's nothing to apologise to me here i just think the forum has been artificially electrified for so long that its pretty much you and luke's show now, and that basically means I'll be far less of a regular contributor now simply because there's no point. like not that I'm advocating for some democracy but you turn it into ur fiefdom and then u got noone to rule whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

there's a lot of good tunes on that pop smoke mixtape btw

Skepta went and rapped over welcome to the party because of course he did

drill had exhausted its formula by the end of 2017. at the time i remember hoping the afro-swing drill would come to fruition. absorb more american influences. didn't end up happening.

bloody hell, headie's rapping's awful. really should stick with the singing.

Listening to the AM/Skengdo album.

Not that into Skengdo. I basically fall asleep until AM comes in. Like LD on 67 tunes.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

Literally everytime AM starts up it goes from zzz to grrr
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...utube-16268777

COPS investigating a deadly Manchester turf war which resulted in a boy aged seven and his mum being gunned down on their doorstep have banned a middle aged woman nicknamed ‘Mamma’ and her two sons from visiting parts of the city.

Catherine McCann, 53 and sons Patrick, 30, and Jordan, 21, were issued with court orders known as ‘Gangbos’ after 50 tit-for-tat shootings between rival gangs in the space of just 16 months left three men dead and at least 17 others injured.

Last month little Christian Hickey and his bank worker mum Jayne, 29, were kneecapped by a hitman who called at their home in Eccles, Gtr Manchester. It is believed he was looking for the boy’s ex-con dad, also called Christian.

Victim Christian in his hospital bed
    PA
    The shocking violence comes three months after veteran crime boss Paul Massey, 55, was shot and killed in a contract killing at his home in July.

Officers have now confirmed the McCanns from Little Hulton, Salford, plus ten other associates have been served with interim civil injunctions banning them from various parts of the Salford area.

Part of the area they are banned from includes four streets where shootings have taken place in recent months – but not the street where the Hickey family live.

Last edited by luka; 16-11-2019 at 03:32 PM.

The news clippings...