Fantastic Cover Versions

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
Not the best cover or anything, I came across it while searching for old Cardigans videos.

Noteworthy if only for the size of Nina Persson's balls (and dimples). Whole Lotta Love right in front of Zep.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crofton

Some years ago I went into Smallfish (now defunct record shop in east London) and there was this really indescribable bizarre stuff playing. So I asked what it was and the guy said it was hits of the 80s reinterpreted by classically trained Chinese musicians who had the tunes notated in traditional Chinese notation but had not heard the original pieces. Anyway that's what he said. So obv I said I'll have it. But he said it was a promo and they were going to order it so I should come back next month.

Anyway the next month I went back and the guy said that unfortunately they'd lost the promo copy and that although they remembered the existence of the record they actually had no idea what it was and so couldn't order it ...

Does anyone know or have this?

If you do, please tell me what it is!

Then play it at your office xmas party.

Leo

a pair of cool ones from coil:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
big fan of this:

Marco Passarani/Erland Øye's cover of Alexander O'Neal's "Criticize" is really good too.

Robman

joy division oven gloves
half shark alligator half man

Has anyone else ever took a Smokey tune and made it better?

Yes!