45 mins of Jungle mix challenge

wise

bare BARE BONES
Inspired by Benny B's Half Hour of Hardcore (and the follow up mixes)
Here is my 45mins of Jungle (I tried to keep it to half an hour but failed miserably)
Who's next?

BARE BONES - 45 mins of Jungle

download

stream

01 - Bizzy B - Twisted Mentasm
02 - Skool of Hard Knocks - Everybody
03 - DJ Gunshot - Wheel 'n' Deal (Marble mix)
04 - The Truper - Untitled
05 - Hopa & Bones - Ali Baba
06 - DJ Ruffkutt - Dub White
07 - Ed Rush - Bludclot Artattack
08 - Amazon II - Booyaa!
09 - De Underground Crew - Melody Madness
10 - Tom & jerry - Lover 2 Lover (L Double remix)
11 - Firefox & 4 Tree - Warning (Powder mix)
12 - Tek 9 - Slow Down (Nookie remix)
13 - Princess - Say I'm Your Number One (Rogue Unit exclusive dubplate special)
14 - Macka Brown feat R Craig - Slow Down

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Looks wicked wise, nice one. I've got a week off work coming up soon so I should have time to get some more mixes recorded then.

gremino

Moster Sirphine
Gonna post an older mix of mine later (should had done it already - problems with connection). Gutted tho I can't do new mixes right now...

gremino

Moster Sirphine
Okay, so I finally managed to upload my mix: http://www.sendspace.com/file/iq8pe2

01. A-Sides & Nut-E-1 - The Bell [Bear Necessities]
02. Wild Orkid - The Magic In You [Lucky Spin Recordings]
03. Johnny Jungle - Flammable [Suburban Base]
04. The JB & Asend - Let It Go [Back 2 Basics Recordings]
05. Deep Blue - Helicopter (2 Bad Mice remix) [Moving Shadow]
06. Kode - Dat Sound [Intalektive]
07. Little Mat - Phat + Phuturistic part 1 [Bear Necessities]
08. Aladdin - We Enter (Heavenly remix) [Aladdin]
09. Higher Sense - Listen Up [Moving Shadow]
10. Capone - Massive [Hardleaders]
11. Mental Power - Unknown Intelligence [Formation]
12. Oaysis - Open Secrets [Moving Shadow]

This was actually for another competition a year ago.

Benny Bunter

I did have a few goes last week at doing a half hour of '91-'93 era 'ardkore but I kept fucking it up! So maybe I'll do a jungle one next and come back to it. Hold tight...

(wicked mix btw Wise)

Benny Bunter

Ok, after some gentle coaxing from Wise I put together this mix last night, whilst consuming 2 spliffs and a bottle of wine. I listened back to it this morning, scrapped it, and did it again. Here it is...

http://www.mediafire.com/?himonzum4vm

1. Awakening - Teqniq (Formation records)
2. A London Sumtin' - Tek 9 (Reinforced)
3. Sign of the times - The Brothers Grimm (Production House)
4. Shot in the dark - DJ Hype (Suburban Base)
5. Wishing on a star - 88.3 feat. Lisa May (Urban Gorilla)
6. The Helicopter Tune (Rufige Kru remix) - Deep Blue (Moving Shadow)
7. He's Gone - Underground Software (Reinforced)
8. 16 Track Thing - Bizzy B (Hardstep recordings)
9. Stop the Bad Boy - Bizzy B (Planet Mu)
10. Jordan - International Rude Boyz (Formation records)
11. Hand of the dead body (Goldie's Possible 187 mix) - Scarface (Noo Trybe records)
12. Special Dedication - DJ Nut Nut feat. Frankie Paul and Top Cat (Hardstep recordings)
13. Anthemia (Origin Unknown remix) - Blame and Justice (Moving Shadow)

Benny Bunter

Don't be embarrassed mate, I'm glad you made me get my finger out and do it.

Now then, I'm sure Ben UFO said he was gonna do a mix...;)

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Big up to wise & gremino, perfect timing, just when it stopped snowing enough so I get can get back on the bike. especially wise - it's a rare jungle mix where I'm unfamiliar w/almost half the tunes & it still knocks, hard. particularly that part through the middle with all the R&B jungle (DJ Gunshot! always wondered how the hell he snuck onto No U-Turn) - that Amazon II tune with the "Girlie Girlie" sample is maaaaadness! and it's impossible to get sick of "Say I'm Your #1" of course. gremino more on a classics tip, def appreciate a man who opens w/"The Bells" & closes w/"Open Secrets".

haven't had a chance to listen to benny's yet but I'm sure as always (I still rinse that 4x4 UKG mix from last year) its top notch. track list looking good - there can never be too much Bizzy B or "Golden Age" Reinforced, that Underground Software EP is a personal favorite & well underrated.

keep them coming!

wise

bare BARE BONES
Thanks Padraig
Actually it was a hardcore Half Hour that Mr UFO promised to deliver, i'm planning a second round mix for some time this week maybe that'll jog his memory :slanted:

Benny Bunter

This has been very productive :). I'm gonna put all these mixes on my ipod I reckon. Wise, you're a beast, I wonder how long we can keep these mix challenges going for? lol. We need more contributers though!

I'll have a go at another mix next weekend I think, but I think a trip to the record shop might be in order first...

wise

bare BARE BONES
Hardcore Half hour round 2 next weekend then, sounds good!
I've got a Funky mix in the pipeline too tho it won't be quite as sexy as yours Benny ;)

wise

bare BARE BONES
Great mix Benny.

That Underground Software tune is sooo good :D takes me back to 95 hearing it in a Guy Called Gerald mix on Radio 1, tingles!
The Brothers Grimm tune's great too i've only got Exodus (When the lion awakes) by them

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Jeezo, the goodness never stops coming from you guys eh? These have all been great so far. Trying to put something together for this and/or the hardcore thing, having a bit of trouble getting hold of the exact tunes I want though. But maybe sometime....