Days Like That 30.4.10 Dem 2, Ray Hurley, Scott Garcia....

powerpill

280jw40.jpg

Friday 30th April
The Russian Bar, 267 Kingsland Rd, E2 8AS
9pm - 5am
£5 all night

CALLING ALL GARAGE LOVERS... Who remembers bugging out to MJ Cole’s ‘Sincere’, Wookie’s ‘Battle’ or Dem 2’s ‘Destiny’?
Who remembers this one?

Bringing you another line-up packed with the originators that laid down the template for UK garage, Days Like That is the one for any garage lover that wants to remember and relive those classic days.... but with good vibes inside all the way.

DEM 2 (90 MINUTE SET)
Legends, pioneers, innovators… the visionary producers behind one of the scene’s first definitive two-step anthems (‘Destiny’), Dem 2 remain the producer’s producers when it comes to UK garage with definitive remixes and productions on Locked On, Positiva, XL and Azuli.

RAY HURLEY
Resident at Back To 95 and another underground garage leg-end, Ray Hurley’s distinctive, bumping dubby sound produced classic underground tracks like ‘Waiting’ (with Scott Garcia as Dub Monsters) and ‘Just Yourself’ on Confetti Records.

SCOTT GARCIA (It’s A London Thing)
The man behind the first archetypal speed garage anthem and UK top 40 chart smash – It’s A London Thing – and boss of legendary Kronik Records.

DJ PARA (DEA Project/DLT Resident)
Driving production force behind South London’s legendary underground outfit DEA Project, Para is also the studio mind behind the So Solid Crew’s current killer comeback single ‘Since You Went Away’.

MJE (Days Like That)

In the basement East London’s maddest classics collective Why So Serious? crew bring house, old skool and, disco with special guest Tom Lea from Fact Magazine playing a r&b and hip-hop party set.

For more info email dayslikethatlondon@gmail.com or call 07862243237

woops

is not like other people
I completely missed the last one, just fuckin forgot, I am NOT missing Dem 2 though.
Sticky on Saturday as well u lot

woops

is not like other people
lol you can see how i end up missing these things.
But I'm on about the one at Alibi in Dalston which seems to be on Saturday 27.

wise

bare BARE BONES
wow really? that's just up the road from me, any more info?
Looks like a good weekend for clubbing

outraygeous

That is a great line up, i might go to hear DEM2 as i never got to hear them do any DJ sets back in the day.

Just a shame that most of the crowd wont have no memory of what it was actually like to go to a garage dance back in the day

outraygeous

Oh im over it, I didn't write it in a negative sense which you seemed to have picked up on

Alot of people spent along time knocking UK Garage and its just a shame that they only heard the shit like Flowers and Chocolate Boy and not the proper stuff that was being made by the likes of D.E.A and Dem2

wise

bare BARE BONES
Fair enough
Yeah that sounds like a description of me, I never heard anything at the time that made sense as a continuation of Jungle. So much good music I missed out on.
Wookie was about the closest I got

outraygeous

no worries, spent alot of time and money with UK Garage, I miss it so much but yeah everyone should enjoy music whenever they get exposed to it