The Ashes 2010

jenks

thread death
That must go down as one of the greatest performances in a single day. Good to see that Johnston's targeting of Strauss proved to be so successful and Cook - supposedly out of form and due a torrid time.

This could be an epic series if the first four days are anything to go by - poor England performance/marvellous Siddle Day 1, tight day 2, brilliant first hour of day three then Mr Cricket takes control, then chips down and all expecting England batting collapse and Strauss and Cook come good. Day five should lead to a draw but...:eek:

luka

both these teams are a bit shit though aren't they? and whats up with broads hairdo? makes him look like hes turning out for the first 11 of some minor public school or other. how can he try and be intimidating when he looks like that? its a bad joke. if the game had gone another day ponting would have scored 75,000 runs, they would never have got him out. i bet the wicket at adelaide is going to be just as bad as brisbane and no one is going to get out all game cos the bowlers will all still be shit. whoever wins the toss wins cos there will be no wickets. thats my prediction.

S

simon silverdollar

with two such close teams and good-to-OK bowling attacks i reckon the series will be decided by who happens to collapse more often, and i still fancy the australians to do that more, mainly because of Swann.

they had harmison as a pundit on sky's ashes highlights show last night, and - as a man who knows a bit about fast bowler meltdowns - they asked him about mitchell johnson. he reckons MJ's completely shot, and 'afraid to let the ball go'.

have to say, am quite relishing the australians going through the torment we had harmison for so many years - keeping this total liability in the side, refusing to give up hope that somehow it'll all click soon, while he flings it away for 5 wides

luka

swann has been underwhelming though. dohertys figures were a fair bit better, and doherty is a loser.
england should win i suppose and if i was betting id bet on them. i just hope theres a couple of decent pitches in wait.

luka

hes got such a horrible face i almost want him to fail though. plus the hair and the sunglasses. imagine how hideous the 'banter' in the england dressing room must be.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
yeah this England team clearly think they're quite good at banter. that must be really annoying for the Aussies.

luka

yeah im a bit despondant now.... was hoping to see england bat before lunch.

luka

crackerjack does sky have the australian commentary team (warne, bernaud, greig, chappel etc) or does it have its own team? i only ask becasue i have been thinking about passing off some of the pundits insights as my own and obviously if you are wathing the same coverage as me thats not going to be possible.

luka

glad to see the back of watson. he doesn't get much praise but hes been really good so far, much better than broad who has managed to accrue terrible figures, he must change his haricut.