The Trip

JWoulf

Lovely series, best I've seen in the genre perhaps.

Really the same thing as alan partridge though, only better, the character Coogan does as Coogan is essentially the same as Partidge. Didn't like morning matters that much, pointleess nostalgia. Reminded me of this much better sketch, the best he has done as partridge i would say:

don_quixote

Trent End
it did fit perfectly into a rather niche genre of ambient comedy. not sure what else would fit into that.

LOVED it by the way

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
A few weeks back, whilst waiting for another MotD2 shitfest, I was fortunate enough to catch Coogan wandering up a mountain, seeking out enough reception to phone his horrendous bitch of an American girlfriend.. which, frankly, struck a large personal chord. I'd never heard of the program before, but it'd been such a long time since anything on the BBC had aroused any genuine emotion, that I ended up downloading the rest of the series on a bit of a whim. Really glad that I did, because it's bloody marvellous.

you

Lovely series, best I've seen in the genre perhaps.

Really the same thing as alan partridge though, only better, the character Coogan does as Coogan is essentially the same as Partidge. Didn't like morning matters that much, pointleess nostalgia. Reminded me of this much better sketch, the best he has done as partridge i would say:

HA - great reference to Dr Hook! On 'Knowing me Knowing Yule' he dithers around for half the show trying to get confirmation about Dr Hook being a qualified GP or not....

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
id never heard of this so im glad i looked at the thread. i cant see bbc stuff but from whats on youtube it looks incredible.
Can't believe this

One of my favourite shows but always feared to bring it up because I'd expect Luka to bring down the hammer

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
The Trip is in my favorite hundred films, never saw the serial version of it though. I adore that franchise.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
The David Bowie Twitter follow bit is one of my favorites: “Shall I follow Rob Brydon, or shall I follow him in my later yeeeeaars?!”

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Never seen the film versions but I've got to assume the series is superior cos there's a whole lot more of the stuff you liked.

Trip to Spain was the worst series, Trip to Greece a return to form. But neither as good as the first two series.