Help me cook a posh meal

bruno

est malade
a very simple dish minus the salmon, which you need to skin and cut into thin (10mm max) filets.

salmon in butter with basil

cut slabs of butter, place on pan topped with finely chopped garlic and a few leaves of fresh basil. sauté previously cut salmon (sprinkled with a dash of salt and ground pepper) in mild heat, mild enough that the butter does not burn before the process is over. if you have organic olive oil (not too pungent), add a dash of it in the interstices, then shift the salmon in place until the meat is lightly cooked to the middle. release the salmon to a warm dish, wash the pan and repeat the butter/garlic/basil sauté with the other face of the salmon. serve with white rice and leaves of fresh basil.

Lichen

Think I'm gonna go for those sweet and sour onions as a side or something - but I've got a question, if I make them now can I easily heat them up later or will they burn when I do that?

They would possible benefit from a gentle reheating. Maybe add a splash of water to the bottom of the dish to keep them supple.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Cheers for tips - yes, she's still alive. Did the onions cold, mixed with a salad to stop them overpowering the carpaccio. Followed with a main course of spaghetti with blue cheese, leeks and bacon and a dessert which was basically frozen coffee with vanilla and cream and stuff.