Bassline producers experiments.. (UKB? Post-Bassline?)

tomfun

More Instrumental version of a recent TS7 remix i made for my club night.

Natalie May - Closer (TS7 Remix) (Hush Hush Dub)

Before the wobble dubstep took over, i used to play loads of bassline at my nights in Aberdeen. I am not sure if it is a northern thing, but the crowds used to really go for it in a way that they never did for 2step or the early big apple/tempa style dubstep.

I am eating up the new sounds in UKB and this thread has been really helpful in pointing me in the direction of some of the new guns of the scene.

Looking forward to hearing that mix Littlefoot.

Littlefoot

Dying to record this mix, but my laptops being fixed now, massive par, sitting on far too many exciting dubs!

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
I mean come out, this tune is too much.

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
seen, that was just off the top of my head...it is, ur quite right mate. was thinking of that tune off girls love bassline -

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
DJ Pantha zip file is fuckin great.

So are loads of other tunes in this thread - that ''Fire'' one esp.

Are DJs like Marcus mixing this stuff in with funky?

Benny Bunter

Subzero is brilliant. This non 4x4 bassline stuff has been around for ages though hasn't it? not really a recent development. This one is from 2009 (and amazing)

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
dunno if this has had a mention yet, but definitely my tune of the year so far (think it's this year...) -
freddo's fucking next.

Benny Bunter

Are DJs like Marcus mixing this stuff in with funky?

He's definitely been playing some Burgaboy tunes and that, I think he plays some bassline on that Boiler room set if i remember correctly. Bassline's obviously alot faster than funky though so hes unlikely to drop it in the middle of a full-on funky set.

Benny Bunter

dunno if this has had a mention yet, but definitely my tune of the year so far (think it's this year...) -
freddo's fucking next.

Yeah thats quality, its on that Beez mix that got mentioned upthread.

I always feel cheated that Bassline has never made it quite as far north as Newcastle tbh.

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
true that benny. that cheat on you tune is massive! tbh i didn't really hear the difference in the beat so much until J69 pointed out to me that it was skippy (oops...)! i just thought that the sounds were spot on. so fucking warped and ravey! breath of fresh air for me hearing pantha / subzero for the first time last year.
loads available suddenly now too, what with twitter / iTunes & digi distribution seeming to have matured a bit (or whatever...).

jgmusiq

the tune that comes in after mine on 1xtra is

Hard House Banton — Grrr Riddim (Subzero Remix)

and littlefoot get at me if u need that burgaboy dub init, i run his soundcloud init!