Chess

linebaugh

Its become so popular now that there are genuinley innocent people who take innocent fun from the game, but that other type... cant trust them, it feels slimey.

linebaugh

And Im not sure that its a matter of deceit, I trust these people on a litteral level. Whats off putting is that it feels like Im being used as a pawn in some deep seeded psychosexual drama. Its like the other person is asking you to have sex with their wife or tighten the belt for them.

luka

im not into chess i dont have any aptitude for it and chess players are sinister as discussed earlier but i did get into Hou Yifan today i've watched and read every interview.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Saw him losing to Anand at speed chess the other day. Was good fun to watch a whole game like that. Young guy went for it but Anand was always just crushing him down.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This is the game I'm playing with an old friend at the moment - the cheeky cunt just had the gall to offer me a draw!

20230112_140305.jpg

entertainment

tried it once, spent a few days doing nothing but playing online and watching youtube videos on openings, but had to put an end to it because it invaded my brain to a degree where my dreams became these abstract inescapable feedback loops of distress

version

"I know it's Magnus, but the fact he was able to checkmate a 2400-rated player in under 20 seconds, from a large material disadvantage, all while drunk and singing yeah by usher is amazing."