Fuck Valentine's Day

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There, I said it. But you were all thinking it anyway.

valentine_dilemma.png

hucks

Your Message Here
I'm a bit surprised this isn't an annual, rolling thread like the office Christmas parties one.

rubberdingyrapids

valentines day has a weird effect on people. a girl who i asked out but nothing really happened at xmas time got back to me last week, no doubt cos she just checked the calendar.

then this weekend, i think i might have made a mistake (i havent decided) with a girl i used to go out with, which again, must have been influenced by valentines (and possibly drink).

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm a bit surprised this isn't an annual, rolling thread like the office Christmas parties one.

I guess it's such an obvious Dissensus party-line issue that it hardly merits mention. But I thought I would this time round, for some reason.

I just cannot believe that people fail to see how it's easily the *least* romantic day of the year on which to 'make a fuss' of your partner. Surely nothing could be less romantic than doing something 'romantic' on the one day officially mandated for it by the Holiday/Gift-Industrial Complex?

Having said that, RDR's story is intriguing. If someone gets laid because of VD (hur hur) when they wouldn't have otherwise, that's cool I guess. But cards with teddy bears on them can get fucked to the seventh circle of fuck.

craner

Beast of Burden
I still find Valentine's Day quite exciting. The heart rate pulses quickly. February is only redeemed by the 14th and the 6 Nations.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I still find Valentine's Day quite exciting. The heart rate pulses quickly. February is only redeemed by the 14th and the 6 Nations.

Just so you know, non-molestation orders are as legally binding tomorrow as they are on every other day of the year, Oliver.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I like Valentine's Day. It's fun.

My best Valentine's Day present was a pig's head left outside someone's door during the night. I think that was the best one. But I've done some good ones. And no, I didn't know the person. It was random.

BareBones

wheezy
valentine's day was great at school when all the cards and love notes were sent anonymously and you got so excited trying to work out which girl it is that fancies you

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I like Valentine's Day. It's fun.

My best Valentine's Day present was a pig's head left outside someone's door during the night. I think that was the best one. But I've done some good ones. And no, I didn't know the person. It was random.

:D

OK, I should have said, fuck everyone but mistersloane's idea of Valentine's Day.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The kind of women I end up going out with are usually are lot more sinister than me.

I always picture you trailing fawningly at the heels of some icily glamorous Russian blonde who's about three inches taller than you...or maybe that's just how I picture you picturing yourself.

craner

Beast of Burden
It's possible, although I have yet to meet a 6'4" Russian blonde, or fawningly trail anything. However, I have been known to be a romantic candle-lit dinner cooking bunch of flowers buyer.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Though this year I've gone for the Italian restaurant - with band and serenaders! - and I FUCKING hope they sing Thats Amore and Bella Notte or it's gonna be Scarface time.