KAN YAY OR KAN NAY? (The Kanye West Thread)

CrowleyHead

There's multiple versions of songs on the album. He's promoting a sort of remixing platform and encouraging artists to allow the public to break down their songs and reformat them as they see fit. Which is of course, him being influenced by tech industry stuff.

Nobody is mentioning this in the press though so of course it's completely going over everyone's heads. The album's purpose is going to p. much be completely lost.

Leo

CryingMan.jpeg

luka

you're right, shields, I shouldn't mock male emotions.
Last night I took a lot of MDMA and drank a lot and slept for three hours.

I've felt relatively okay today, considering, but this evening I started listening to some of my favourite choons on Spotify and have actually started sobbing on several occasions.

There's a lot of sad songs on my playlists (and sad songs masquerading as happy songs – see: disco) but I'm also crying at stuff that I just consider so good that it makes me weep with admiration for people and gratitude for music.

I feel that a comedown can sometimes be a sort of negative intoxication – except that I actually enjoy how emotionally vulnerable it makes me.

It's no secret that I'm a sadboy. I think these tears are always lurking beneath the surface but it takes a huge chemical blow to bring them gushing down my cheeks.

This has happened to me on a number of occasions. I think I shared the hilarious anecdote in here of when I was sat in my tent alone at Bestival, on a big comedown, literally weeping at the beauty of "U Don't Have To Call" by Usher.

version

They're both really embarrassing. They've been dating for about a week and she's already written an essay for some magazine about it and how he staged a shoot for her in the middle of some restaurant and everyone cheered.

I was already cynical about celebrity relationships, but they're taking the cynicism to new heights.

forclosure

@version i mean...shit like this just once again makes me wonder where this idea that he was a "fashion icon" came from

also maybe its for the better, there was some piece i read in think it might've been clash saying how this era of particular unrelated weirdness is probably gonna be the norm for celebrities now and probably for the better since the last decade was defined by them trying to be relatable and pop-feminism "cancelling" those who they felt didn't meet their standards or whatever

forclosure

also any thoughts on the possibility that Yung Lean might be on his next album (if and when it appears and if kanye decides to keep him on the track)

version

also any thoughts on the possibility that Yung Lean might be on his next album (if and when it appears and if kanye decides to keep him on the track)
I'd completely forgotten about Lean tbh. I just listen to 'Kyoto' and 'Crystal City' when I listen to him at all.

forclosure

@version never been a fan but it seems like over the last 10 years his stock has risen greatly to where he's a influential rapper whatever the word "influence" means anymore, there's people on twitter vex about one of his older songs is now a meme on tiktok which people saying they need to gatekeep and shield Yung Lean away from tiktok users is a deep source of comedy for me

far as i know Carti and Travis scott are fans/associates of his which makes sense for those 2 and he was on that Babyface Ray album that came out not too long ago aswell

version

The main draw for me with Lean and those guys is the choice of instrumental. A lot of it's got that crystalline thing Barty and I like to go on about where everything sounds pristine and like it's made of ice.