luka

It's related to what I was saying on the domestication thread. The left being experienced as nag and scold.

luka

Don't be pussywhipped and emasculated by the left nanny brigade. Eat red meat. Be a man. Fly the Confederate flag.

luka

please don't casually lump these things together, first

Lol classic move. Me and barty were talking about how our euro contingent (chava, firefinga, patty) are all alt-right sympathisers to one degree or another. It's quite interesting

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
you can definitely tie elements of Vice - McInnes directly, but plenty of other things - to the current alt right

but like 4chan, it couldn't and can't change culture on its own

fascism flourishes in times of great upheaval - economic, social, moral

recession, endless wars, climate change, mass emigration caused by the latter two, etc

these are the roaring fire

Vice is some extra kindling once it's already going full bore

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Don't be pussywhipped and emasculated by the left nanny brigade. Eat red meat. Be a man. Fly the Confederate flag.
this 100% exists and the alt right and its predecessors (who remembers the Dark Enlightenment? which was, somehow, not a terrible steampunk RPG) are rife with it

from to red pill to Proud Boys to etc whatever bullshit

ofc it predates Vice etc by like, decades. as you're aware I'm sure, I'm not disagreeing here.

the entire plot of Demolition Man (which is what 93 I think) is about a PC nanny state run amok + Rambo has to show them how to be real men

there's literally a Denis Leary monologue about eating ribs iirc

chava

The nihilism embodied in Vice eventually leads to people embracing one-size-fits-all ideologies: fascism, radical feminism, radical "masculism", communism, environmentalism, transhumanism etc etc.

There's never was anything of value in Vice. You can't base a culture on that. At least the punks had the music which they were passionate about.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This is an argument mr tea has been making for years. It's a physics argument. It says that by demanding equal rights and stuff women and poofs and ethnics cause, by this wild overreach, the pushback, the counterbalance. It's their own fault. They were asking for it.

Lol, the traditional lukasian point-missing/strawman. A dance that never gets old.

chava

Lol classic move. Me and barty were talking about how our euro contingent (chava, firefinga, patty) are all alt-right sympathisers to one degree or another. It's quite interesting

Hey, I only listen to Black Tekno. I am also a confirmed oikophobe. I have Deleuze books on my bookshelf. What more to do?

chava

you can definitely tie elements of Vice - McInnes directly, but plenty of other things - to the current alt right

but like 4chan, it couldn't and can't change culture on its own

fascism flourishes in times of great upheaval - economic, social, moral

recession, endless wars, climate change, mass emigration caused by the latter two, etc

these are the roaring fire

Vice is some extra kindling once it's already going full bore

Communism did also flourish in a time of upheaval btw.

And of course some stupid web magazine and its clown founder can't do anything on their own, its just a manifestation. I doubt the recession is the real cause, though. And wars doesn't just come about. Probably technology and demographics/mobility are the main drivers. Climate change as well, but it is way too early to say.

sadmanbarty

It's related to what I was saying on the domestication thread. The left being experienced as nag and scold.

political correctness as a tactic has probably generated more pushback than it has successes. trump was a high price to pay for an all female ghostbusters

sadmanbarty

"curly black and kinkies mixed with yellow chinkies. if you lump it all together, well you've got a recipe for a get along scene"