Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm as thick as a plank, please explain?

Are they saying he has no filter because his brain is melting?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Ah 🤦 I just realised I didn't press the 'see more' button.

Yeah, that is chilling.

I always assumed he says whatever comes into his head because he doesn't really give a fuck and knows that it doesn't matter what he says.

'How do I explain that because of the unfreezing process I have no inner monologue?'

Last edited:

Leo

more of the same...

Trump Aides Keep Leaking Embarrassing Stories About How He Can’t Handle Embarrassment
The president is a 70-year-old child whose TV time must be closely monitored — because any news story that upsets his ego will trigger a temper tantrum followed by irrational demands that his indulgent, overwhelmed guardians will be helpless to refuse.

Or so Donald Trump’s aides keep confiding to the nearest available reporter.

On Sunday, one of the president’s confidantes told Politico that his staffers have to “control information that may infuriate him,” a task made difficult by the fact that the leader of the free world “gets bored and likes to watch TV.”
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...ant-stop-blabbing-about-how-hes-a-madman.html

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Never one to resist a Trump/Hitler comparison:

Hitler’s indolence was to remain one of his most mysterious characteristics. ManY would assume that a man who, in his heyday, strutted about in uniforms, and who presided over a militaristic dictatorship, who expected not merely his intimates but everyone in the country to click their heels and salute at the mere mention of his name, would have been up in the morning early, taking cold baths and performing Swedish exercises. By contrast, like many depressives, he kept strange hours, and spent most of his days on this planet sitting around doing nothing much, dreaming his terrible dreams, and talking interminable nonsense. […]

By the time he became Chancellor, the pattern of life did not markedly change. He rose late, spent most of the day chatting, and would nearly always round off the evening with a film. Adjutants tried to find him a new film to watch every day. His earlier fondness for high culture began to diminish. He enjoyed ‘light entertainment’, and if women, such as his girlfriend Eva Braun, were present in the evenings, political conversation was banned – as was, of course, that cardinal sin, smoking.”

https://jrbenjamin.com/2014/04/16/hitlers-laziness/

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Hitler was a methhead. They should have ushered him into a messy room and given him a duster and a cloth. He'd have been in heaven, and who knows what evils could have been averted?

In answer to the question at the start of this thread, I'm going with "Kim Jong-un X Caligula".

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
if women, such as his girlfriend Eva Braun, were present in the evenings, political conversation was banned

I'm trying to imagine how one could have a meaningful "political conversation" with Hitler.

At least you could say someone was sounding like "literally Hitler" and you'd be right, and no-one would be able to invoke Godwin's Law.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Did anyone else notice that he tweeted this literally two minutes after the Today Show called him out for not investigating it?
Also, last night's tweet about Chicago appears to have been inspired by a Fox News graphic.
Guys, the President is obsessively watching TV news and responding to it in real time.
EDIT: This article has a few other examples of Trump's "media addiction."
EDIT #2: Here is the video of Ari Melber on the Today Show. This segment ended at 7:09 am, and the tweet went out at 7:10. Sad!
EDIT #3: For those wondering if this is a coincidence, it is worth noting that the very next Today Show segment was on SCOTUS nominees, which Trump then tweeted about at 7:17 am.

LINKS IN HERE

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
LINKS IN HERE

When he's tweeting furiously at 7 am, what I want to know is: is it because he's just woken up, or has he been up all night, frantically flicking from channel to channel on the huge Mr Burns-style bank of TVs in front of him, wondering whether he should bust open that fourth gram, his cerebral cortex a three-way battle-ground for domination between the coke, the psych meds and the Russian mind-control chips...?

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A friend shared this on FB, said to be copy-pasted from the personal page of an EPA employee. No reason to think it's not genuine.

So I work at the EPA and yeah it's as bad as you are hearing:
The entire agency is under lockdown, the website, facebook, twitter, you name it is static and can't be updated. All reports, findings, permits and studies are frozen and not to be released. No presentations or meetings with outside groups are to be scheduled.
Any Press contacting us are to be directed to the Press Office which is also silenced and will give no response. All grants and contracts are frozen from the contractors working on Superfund sites to grad school students working on their thesis. We are still doing our work, writing reports, doing cancer modeling for pesticides hoping that this is temporary and we will be able to serve the public soon. But many of us are worried about an ideologically-fueled purging and if you use any federal data I advise you gather what you can now. We have been told the website is being reworked to reflect the new administration's policy.
Feel free to copy and paste, you all pay for the government and you should know what's going on. I am posting this as a fellow citizen and not in any sort of official capacity."
If you share, please do so with copy and paste.
Don't fool yourselves. Shutting down government agencies, scientific research, and stifling the flow of information to the public are the hallmarks of an authoritarian regime. This is not politics as usual. If the Republicans in Congress don't stand up to the new POTUS, this sort of crackdown will become the new normal. And it isn't normal. It's how democracies are lost.

droid

Putin/Trump phone call.

Unusually heavy Russian presence in Damascus.

Arab press reporting Assad has suffered stroke/been shot in the head.