Leo

of the highest order.

trump, of course, made three separate statements soon after about how he had no idea who he was, they didn't really talk much, it was a very brief visit, etc.

IdleRich

IdleRich
trump, of course, made three separate statements soon after about how he had no idea who he was,

He's openly admitting that he is so senile he doesn't know who he is - and he's so forgetful he did it three times?

Leo

it's all damage control. one of two things is true: either trump's the racist piece of shit we all always knew he was, or he's senile enough that he's not aware of obvious facts/the world around him. not sure which is worse for a president.

woops

is not like other people
it's all damage control. one of two things is true: either trump's the racist piece of shit we all always knew he was, or he's senile enough that he's not aware of obvious facts/the world around him. not sure which is worse for a president.
OR BOTH

Leo

insignificant fine but nice to finally hang a guilty verdict on Trump Org, the prosecutor and judge will surly be quoted in lots of opposing campaign ads.

IdleRich

IdleRich
There seem to be two things that Trump is in the news for this week.... one is his company has been found guilty on all 17 (yes that is seventeen) counts of tax cuntishness - I believe that to be the technical term - of course, but the other one that I've not seen mentioned here is to do with the documents that the FBI seized from Lard-a-Margo about twenty-five crimes ago (the best way to measure time relating to Trump seems to be to talk about how many crimes he's committed since then). At the time he asked the judge to appoint a so-called Special Master to deal with the documents. Now as I understand it, that means that a neutral person guards the documents to check that none of them are private to the person being investigated and to make sure the investigators don't fuck with them and so on. This can of course be quite relevant and important in certain cases involving sensitive documents.

So, way back in October or whenever it was Trump asked the (Trump-appointed) judge to appoint one of those, and she did. Now, whenever a judge makes a decision in the US you have to try and work out if it was a reasonable decision or not by reading the opinion of loads of experts. The problem is, in the US there are millions of partisan experts and so you have to sort of disregard the most extreme from both sides who always say that the judge was right if they agree with them, you then look at what is left to try and form an opinion. An example of this might be when Texas sued to strike down the votes of certain states in the election - of course there were a tiny number of MAGA experts who seemed to think it had a chance but it was clear that anyone who was actually applying the law as it stood to their analysis knew that it stood no chance. And they were right. This special master thing was another one where all but the nuttiest said it stood no chance, such a ruling would make no sense... and yet, to the surprise of all except a few MAGA commentators she allowed it. Until now, when the 11th Circuit has apparently struck it down in the strongest possible and most humiliating terms. It seems that the experts were right, what she said made no sense whatsoever and her decision has been humiliatingly reversed - and I think, reading between the lines, all the judges have also said that this woman is an absolute fuckwit. Now I don't know exactly what it means but Trump lost again so I thought I should mention it here.

Reactions: Leo

IdleRich

IdleRich
So.... many of his supporters were hugely disappointed when his last major announcement turned out to be that he was standing for president, rather than retaking control of the country tomorrow... I can only imagine what they make of this.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
only took about five minutes to load, faster now

...and, with the inevitability of night following day and diarrhoea following vindaloo:

trump_crypto.jpeg

Leo

you can tell in the video that he's still not entirely convinced crypto is legit, sounds skeptical. he's just reading a prepared script for his latest venture to make money off suckers, probably gave the same speech when he was peddling steaks or "college" degrees.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Documents shown during the ongoing Dominion vs Fox lawsuit show that Rupert Murdoch and Tucker Carlson despise Trump and know full well there was no election fraud in 2020, even while they promote his bullshit on a daily basis:

In a Nov. 19, 2020, email, Rupert Murdoch appears to describe Trump and Rudy Giuliani as “both increasingly mad.”

He adds of Trump: “The real danger is what he might do as president. Apparently not sleeping and bouncing off walls! Don’t know about Melania, but kids no help.”
In his deposition, Murdoch not only disputed Trump’s claim that the 2020 election was stolen, but he also agreed when asked whether Trump was a “sore loser.”
Other key comments come from Fox host Tucker Carlson. We knew previously that he privately warned that Trump “could easily destroy us if we play it wrong.” What we didn’t know was that he was speaking in the context of Trump’s business ventures.

Someone tells him, “One [sic] the bright side — Trump has a pretty low rate at success in his business ventures.”
Carlson responded: “All of them fail. What he’s good at is destroying things. He’s the undisputed world champion of that. He could easily destroy us if we play it wrong. It’s so obvious.”

At other points, both Murdoch and Carlson seemed to long for when Trump would be gone.
Two days before Jan. 6, Carlson texted someone, “We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights. I truly can’t wait.”
He added, “I hate him passionately,” and then, of Trump’s four years in office: “We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There really isn’t an upside to Trump.”

Leo

but since they are entirely shameless, fox just rambles on as if it hasn't happened.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
but since they are entirely shameless, fox just rambles on as if it hasn't happened.
And you know damn well that people who watch Fox will just dismiss anything they hear about it as lies from those lying lie-berals.