IdleRich

IdleRich
That does kinda leave you in a tricky position when that opposition keeps committing crimes though.

You arrest and it's a banana republic, or you decide former presidents are above the law - like in some kind of banana republic.

mixed_biscuits

You arrest and it's a banana republic, or you decide former presidents are above the law - like in some kind of banana republic.
No, arresting is a worse look

IdleRich

IdleRich
What if a former president murdered someone? Totally fine I guess. Rape? Oh he did... law doesn't apply to the gilded ones, it's all good.

mixed_biscuits

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's more that they've been trying every single bloody thing for years until something sticks...the sheer desperation to neutralise his political threat is pathetic
I am, for about the hundredth time, left wondering whether you're genuinely this stupid or just playing the part for lols.

Trump is extraordinarily well connected and has been up to his neck in organised crime his whole adult life, just like his father before him. You might as well ask why Putin isn't currently in the dock in The Hague for war crimes.

Leo

enjoyed this bit in an article about desantis

In the meantime, DeSantis was already taking a beating. Trump unleashed a barrage of press releases and social-media posts on “Ron DeSanctimonious” as he watched the governor face a massive backlash when he dared take a mild jab at Trump over his liaison with Stormy Daniels. “Everyone says you don’t learn about someone until they get punched in the jaw,” said a senior Capitol Hill aide, “but, running against Trump, it’s getting kicked in the nuts every single day in new ways.”

Leo

doubt think he can win again but the republican challengers are so lame and scared, he just might.

version

"Ron came to see me, tears in his eyes...'Will you endorse me?'...I said, 'Ron, you're so far behind, I can't imagine that if you got George Washington's endorsement combined with the late, great Abraham Lincoln...I don't think you could win'

He [DeSantis] was desperate. I gave him a nice endorsement, I said, ‘You write out what you’d like and let me see it.’ He wrote it out, I thought it was terrible, I changed it and made it great.”

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"Ron came to see me, tears in his eyes...'Will you endorse me?'...I said, 'Ron, you're so far behind, I can't imagine that if you got George Washington's endorsement combined with the late, great Abraham Lincoln...I don't think you could win'
SAD!

Leo

He [DeSantis] was desperate. I gave him a nice endorsement, I said, ‘You write out what you’d like and let me see it.’ He wrote it out, I thought it was terrible, I changed it and made it great.”

I know he's a master of communications but hard to imagine what he accomplishes with this sort of thing. I mean, besides the hardcore MAGA faithful, who in their right mind actually believe stuff like that, or think it's anything other than asinine? It's hilarious and entertaining, maybe the goal is not so much to convince anyone but just to get under DeSantis' skin.