Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I like it enough to nominate it my choon of the day. I'm not saying it's the greatest thing I've ever heard.

Nevertheless, its distinctive enough to my ears - I've not really heard that sort of sample in bay area style music before.

Why did you post that fairly unremrkable drill tune on here about 200 times the other day?

luka

It was a)the floaty Enya voices and b) the fat bloke shouting Shangri-lala at the top of his lungs. That combination was really funny and enjoyable to me in that state of intoxication.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The fact that I can't passionately defend that tune is probably indicative that you're onto something.

It flags up a line in the sand that I'm standing on one side of and you and third (e.g.) are on the other side of.

On one side, music that is good but not totally essential/intense/world-altering is okay, on the other it isn't.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Still has that hilarious slap bass.

I mean, I love the original but I can see how that slap bass is hilarious.

craner

Beast of Burden
Still has that hilarious slap bass.

I mean, I love the original but I can see how that slap bass is hilarious.

My main memory of this is hearing it played endlessly on garage pirates circa 2000/early2001. It was always an optimistic, sunny sound when it came on, and because I am so hopelessly nostalgic for that very precise moment, it always cheers me up. Gives me a warm and fuzzy glow in my stomach as well as that bittersweet tinge of sadness about lost love and the crushing motion of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.