Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Mos Def performing on "The Chapelle Show", which I've just started watching on Netflix. Forgot how great a rapper he is.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Oh yeah... never noticed that. Funny cos MA is a big name but I didn't know this Rebolledo chap at all. I been checking out a bit of his stuff online lately and I like it up to a point. A lot of it feels like one good idea stretched a bit too far, almost like a sketch or something, just needs a little extra done with it. Like this one for example, I dunno if there is enough to it for it to go on for nine minutes. And yet, that said, I keep listening to it all the way through and then when it finishes I just put it on again -what the fuck is going on there?

It's kinda like one bit long intro but I really like it. Some kind of weird trick going on when you think you don't like something that much but you can't stop listening.
In that respect it reminds me of this one which is also a good one to start a set with. I listed this on some other group and some cunt said "when does it start?" which I thought was kinda snidey and just showed how little he understood this kind of music... but at the same time did contain a grain of truth. Although the joke is on him cos it turns out that DJs have now invented this ultra-new technique for adding in extra elements to tunes actually during a set while the music is playing, they call it "mixing" and I think it could really revolutionise how people listen to and dance to music if it takes off.

Speaking of mixes, I did hear that one above in an absolute fucking killer mix the other day.... what was it though? Oh yes, I remember, this is an absolute dynamite selection filled with monster tunes from start to finish.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Solange - Cranes in the Sky (2016)

Sometimes you've got to dust off a classic.

I'm sure I shared this before on here but I saw Solange perform at Lovebox in 2017 and when she sang this the whole crowd was singing along. It was all these super young people who I'd felt quite alienated from all day (because they were so young and energetic and cool) and it gave me a massive chill up my neck to feel that sense of connection between everyone in this crowd. The song itself makes me feel all gooeysad inside anyway.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
For a long time I thought it was about Cranes (the birds) flying through the sky. It was a mysterious poetic image.

But then I found out it's about construction cranes and I was disappointed.

You can learn all about what this song is about here:

catalog

i like the sparseness of it - puts me in mind of Frank Ocean.

Good bunker house she's in. Looks like an Elon Musk type residence

eaMDfZU.png

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Never really thought about this but you can definitely adapt it to be a song about Craner.

"IT'S LIKE - CRAYYYYYNER'S ARRIVED!"

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I listened to her talking about it and she said it's about wanting to find peace during a period of mental turmoil (by looking at the sky) but there's something that stops you from transcending (a bloody crane in the way).

Status
Not open for further replies.